Home / Saturday Email / Read His Lips: “No New Taxes!”

Read His Lips: “No New Taxes!”

Written by Gary North on September 13, 2013

Back in 2008,

36 thoughts on “Read His Lips: “No New Taxes!”

1. What is the point. Listen to a couple of minutes of him talking at any point and you probably will hear something that isn't true.

2. When he says "No new taxes" he really means "Know new taxes".

3. Lying is his forte. He has elevated it to an art form. Everything out of his mouth has a lie as an integral part. This is his upbringing, his muslim background and his democrat ideology. What is amazing is that many Americans still think he is a good person. Really? With all the death and destruction he has caused either directly or indirectly, no one can measure him as good.

4. When will these libs ever understand, a tax increase on anybody is a tax increase on everybody, which also means lower tax revenue all together. When you tax the wealthy and businesses, it reduces their spending, which also includes wages. This reduced spending means less revenue is collected across the board. Lower taxes means more spending because of more disposable income for purchases and wages.

5. I have never met/seen/heard a man that is a habitual liar. 50 years ago my mother used to say "no pride, no shame". How can he look at himself in the mirror and how can he look anybody in the eye.
    Some people say, "What do you expect, he is a politician?". As President of the greatest country that has ever existed, I sure as hell expect a hell of a lot more. What has happened to truth and integrity in our country.

6. The unacceptable lying fool barking for the "death" of America! The "Dark Storm" that is building in intensity. that lingers over the White House, is the American citizens! God Bless the USA!

7. He doesn't care if people slam him by name, because it isn't his real name!!!

8. Edwin Knight says:

Just the early of the the many lies this bozo has made , including his ineligibility that the government is colluding with him to keep this regime in place. The entire government should be removed for not representing the very people they are sworn to represent and also for not upholding the very things they are sworn to do, protect the constitution and the people of this country. This is OUR country, not the governments !@

9. The libs understand that a tax increase on anybody is a tax increase on everybody. They're counting on the public not knowing it.

10. Kathy Sudduth says:

Truth and Integrity went out the window when this non-American was voted into office. For I believe the benefit of the liberals better known as the hippies from the 60 sixties.

11. BULLSHIT-BULLSHIT-BULLSHIT! need I say more?

12. Rofl. You retarded Faux News sheep don’t even realize our tax rates are the lowest they’ve ever been. They SHOULD be higher. Smh.

13. Dean Pearly Gates says:

Where does Rofo get his information?

14. The federal income tax rate in the period of 1913-1916 for earners under ~$450K (inflation adjusted), was 1%.
    Today those who earn that much pay 35%.

There are more of examples showing your statement to be false.

15. Seymour Kleerly says:

You're a victim of Right Wing Propaganda! B. Clinton was a liar, Al Gore was a liar, Bush was honest, Obama's a liar, etc.. Fox News and Talk Radio own your brain.

16. I just want to hear the press and media do to him on his no new taxes what they did to Bush.

At least Bush raised the taxes in what was supposed to be a compromise, which the dems didn't honor and shame on Bush for believing the living pieces of crap that dems are when it comes to compromise and honoring their end of the bargain

17. Interesting thing about this is your favorite Democratic politician will honestly tell you that 98% of the taxes are paid by 50% of the taxpayers. What they neglect to tell you is that the cutoff for 50% of the taxpayers is $32,248; which means that 50% of the workers in this country make less than $32,248 or are on government handouts, yet they are voting for the politicians who are raising the taxes on the 50% who are paying 98% of the tax burden. 🙂 Information was taken from irs.gov; research it yourselves liberal dimwits.

18. He is a DEMONRAT , that is what they do , anybody that heard that and believed it should be committed to a padded cell for their own protection , for life .

19. Bush was either a liar, or too doped up on prescription meds and low alcohol beer to know what was going on.

20. "Rofl. You retarded Faux News sheep don't even realize our tax rates are the lowest they've ever been."

Hilarious, Shane is too stupid to understand 1% back in 1913-1916 is less than 35% today.

Or perhaps Shane thinks nobody actually pays income tax. Considering about half the people in the country don't pay income tax, that actually makes him only half wrong.

21. I'm assuming this is just sarcasm? If not you're mentally ill. ALL politicians are liars.

22. ROFLMAO!! Are you kidding? Damn do you EVER need to read some economic history.

Whose the sheep? Idiot.

23. There is only ONE way to believe Obama doesn't lie constantly. That is to define lying as KNOWINGLY making false statements, AND to believe Obama doesn't believe truth exists. If there is no such thing as truth, you can't knowingly make untrue statements.

24. I'd like to think that if you've been alive long enough to pay taxes, you've figured out that this is not a problem with democrats; it is a problem with politicians. As long as the electorate continues to divide itself into "democrats" vs. "republicans", then the noise will continue without the problems being solved. We talk as if our system will work if we just elected the right kind of people. But the fact is that our system produced these people. The system itself is flawed. If it could have been fixed from within, it would have been fixed by now. It cannot be fixed. Until people realize that fundamental truth, we will get more of the same. As some wise dead white guy once wrote, "government derives its just powers from the consent of the governed." All that is necessary to fix it is to cease giving our consent.

25. California70 says:

Very good question

26. California70 says:

"and you can take that to the bank". — huh?

Looks like he is thinks "we are the bank". We've had to bail out all our own banks and Europe's banks too! Also China's banks. No wonder America is broke! We don't have full employment in this country, and we are still expected to "bail-out" the central banks of the world with American tax-payer dollars. They really have taken us for "a ride"!

27. Funny7..seems like the Obamacare "fine" is now a Tax, so says the Supreme idiots.

28. Those homonyms will get you every time !

29. Remember these whoppers?
    I promise 100% transparency in my administration."

"I promise NO NEW TAXES on a family making less than $250K a year."

"I will allow 5 days of public comment before I sign any bills."

"I will remove earmarks for PORK projects before I sign any bill."

"I will end Income Tax for seniors making less than $50K a year."

"I'll put the Health Care negotiations on CSPAN so everyone can see who is at the table!"

"I'll have no lobbyists in my administration."

30. DougRodrigues says:

Barack Obama lies so easily and convincingly He would have made a small fortune as a dishonest used car salesman.

31. Actually, Obama's new taxes are "knowing" you, as in Genesis chapter 19.

32. True. We need honest money to operate an economy, not private central banking a la the Federal Reserve.

33. Kathy, truth went out the window LONG ago. Bush and Obama though have been the speed-up system.

34. So what's new ? Remember these whoppers ?
    "I promise 100% transparency in my administration."

"I promise NO NEW TAXES on a family making less than $250K a year."

"I will allow 5 days of public comment before I sign any bills."

"I will remove earmarks for PORK projects before I sign any bill."

"I will end Income Tax for seniors making less than $50K a year."

"I'll have no lobbyists in my administration."

I truly believe that Obama does not remember what he says from one day to the next. He reminds me of an old Spanish proverb: " En la boca del mentiroso, la verdad se hace mentira."- In the liar's mouth, the truth becomes a lie. LMAO.

35. How many were afraid to vote for a Mormon, so they voted for a Muslim instead.