Home / Gun Ownership / Tiny Gun Control Group’s Starbucks Boycott Gets Nowhere

Tiny Gun Control Group’s Starbucks Boycott Gets Nowhere

Written by Gary North on August 26, 2013

Starbucks lets customers carry a gun in states where this is legal. This outrages gun control advocates.

Last week, the media were filled with the story of a tiny outfit that was planning a national boycott of Starbucks on Saturday, August 24. For evidence of this wave of stories, click here.

How tiny is this outfit? Very. Its website has an Alexa ranking in the USA of 237,153. The larger the number, the lower the ranking. By comparison, the Tea Party Economist’s Alexa USA ranking is 22,813.

Nobody showed up on Saturday, of course. That’s the problem with boycotts. Nobody shows up. This is why Left-wing organizations can get lots of media attention, and then, when nothing happens, they are immune from the criticism that nothing happened.

On August 25, there was no follow-up story. Same with August 26.

Obviously, the boycott flopped. The media knew it would flop. Before the non-event, the story was a tool for gun control propaganda. The head of the tiny outfit knew how to use the media for publicity.

After the non-event, the story went down the memory hole.

This is a standard media strategy. The media used the looming non-event to hype gun control. But when nothing happened, and the stunt was a flop, there were no follow-up stories.

38 thoughts on “Tiny Gun Control Group’s Starbucks Boycott Gets Nowhere

1. The press loves left wing fools

2. LEFT WINGS and LIBERALS are like seagulls: They fly in, make a lot of noise, steal your lunch, cr@p all over everything, then eventually fly away and leave to others to clean up the mess. _

3. Patriot-Research says:

The Alexa rating for MSM, MSNBC, ABC and CBS are so low I can't believe they are still on the Air…but then they are supported by the Commie/Liberal Machine! They could have 1 viewer and they would lie and say that 1 viewer was 1 million viewers….LIE, LIE, LIE…that's all they know how to do…and I stop going to StarButts years ago!

4. IF there was a Starbucks in my area of SC that would be boycotted by anti gun folks, I would go in a buy something, I don't even like coffee.

5. Big Tooth Critter says:

I boycott any place that prohibits carry. Molon Labe!

6. what a great comparison I live on the coast and I see this every day…great post

7. David in Dallas says:

They also have hot chocolate….

8. Big tooth, Starbucks is doing the right thing; we should support them, they refuse to cave to the anti gunners. I try to patronize them when I can. I wish there were more places that took their courageous stand!!

9. DiverDown says:

Starsucks! Molon Labe!

10. This is really funny. I stopped in and bought an ice coffee at starbucks in boulder, colorado on saturday. business as usual and I was carrying. Going to the cigar fest at the hotel next door. So much irony there it is dripping!

11. I don't buy from Starbucks because they are promoting same sex marriages.

12. Starbucks lets customers carry a gun in states where this is legal? The Second Amendment in the U.S. Constitution gives us the right to carry a fire arm in every state without a permit.

13. I think seagulls is a good comparison! mine, mine, mine to anything others have too! That is a left winger! LOLOLOLOL

14. This old Bama boy saw an average-looking white mama with two kids wearing a holstered gun. "Good" is what I thought to myself.

15. courageous? All they are doing is abiding by local laws regarding guns. Nothing more. They HAVE no "position" on the matter. They are as pro gun as the city which controls the sidewalks in front of their stores. They are also smart enough to realise that if they forbade firearms lawfully carried in their properties, they'd face a najor boycott that would hurt them. They know on which side their bread is buttered.

On the other hand, they have taken an active PRO homosexual stance, which offends me. They promote and support this agenda actively. If they supported and promoted the gun rights folks like they do the quires, it would be another story. Their corporate policies are NOT in iine with conservatives, liberty minded, freedom loving folk. Besides, their coffee is wretched, their chocolate average, and their tea almost as bad as their coffee. So what do they have that I want? I won't even darken their door.

16. Betcha anyone trying to mess with her or her two "cubs" will find a fast-drawing straight shootin Mama Bear on the right end of that handgun, and themselves on the wrong end. THERE is a Mama taking her role as protector seriously. Good on her. May there be a couple hundred million more like her.

17. Stabucks CEO To Shareholders: Go Elsewhere If You Oppose Our
    Stance On Gays…..

And My Response To Starbucks Is: I Will, You Can
    Count On It. Raymond

18. Hell , I am a pro-gunner , and I boycott them for their support of the faggot agenda , so I hope you don't count me for not being there .

19. Nana-bear says:

I generally don't go to Starbucks because of their support of the queers(they are not 'gay', gay is a good word ruined by the queers), but I did go Saturday with another friend 'just in case' something came of the boycott. Business as usual..no one even mentioned the boycott, besides myself to let the mgr know why I was there on that particular day.

20. To get back to the topic: It's great we have the internet now so those over-publicized "happenings" are shown to be the flops and duds they are.

21. I don't boycott anyone. I just take my business elsewhere. Boycotts are too much work.

22. …this description kind of hits the nail on the head. Thank you

23. Regardless of the issue, voting with one's wallet is the most effective vote. It should be the same for the politicians, local governments, even 4 the Feds

24. Hear, hear!

25. …so, where do our rights come from, then?

26. Slicemaster19 says:

The Starbucks issue is a tough one. Even on just the gun issue. While the store policy is to follow local laws, their corporate policy is no guns in their offices. So we can't pat them on teh back TOO hard, because they still do fall somewhat short of where they should be. But I will do whatever it takes to try to make Moms Whine about Guns look bad.

27. Wow, what a "real man" you are, Raymond, you with your Marine's uniform and anti-gay stance. (Real real men don't worry about other people's sex lives.) How many innocent children's arms and legs did you blow off, today?

28. Wow, Buck, you can't decide whether to swallow or spit ("support them for this, boycott them for that"–you're a bear target in a shooting gallery! Be careful that you don't choke on that coffee.

29. And the manager, being gay, thought politely, "Don't bother coming back next time." How stupid (and so easily manipulated by mundanity, which every politician loves to see in a constituency) it is to have the decision of what store to buy coffee in decided by other people's situations. Why don't you "adult up" and make decisions based on your own desires?

30. If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. Leviticus 20:13

Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet. Romans 1: 24, 25, 26, 27.

The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman’s garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God. Deuteronomy 22:5.

Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. Jude 7

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind. 1 Corinthians 6: 9.

Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine. 1 Timothy 1:9,10.

And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and ye shall slay the beast. And if a woman approach unto any beast, and lie down thereto, thou shalt kill the woman, and the beast: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. Lev 20: 15, 16.

Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion. Leviticus 18: 22, 23.

31. TXPatriot says:

They also support gay marriage. Another reason to avoid the overpriced coffee house.

32. Too bad progressives. Your control diatribe is all bullsh*t and everyone is beginning to realize it. Starbucks knows not to buck the conservatives that still believe in the constitution. I wish all you GUN haters would wear a sign stating you are unarmed so come get me! Fu€ken idiots!!!

33. Brian Gordon says:

I wasn't planning on going to Starbucks that day, but the announcement of the boycott made me change my plans, and stop by.

34. Stabucks knows that if it rescinds its order to allow legal gun carrying in its stores, some of the protestors will be back to rob it.

35. I understand the corporate feeling at Starbucks; however, since they have now said they would rather not be the focus of pro vs. anti-gun demonstrations, I intend to let them fly on their own the next time someone plans an anti-gun boycott of their stores. They can't have it both ways. If they don't like guns in their stores, and they say they don't, then they shouldn't expect any special support from us gun guys the next time they get in trouble with the antis (or whoever).

36. Many thanks for one more superb submit. Exactly where otherwise could anyone obtain that form of information in these the perfect solution of producing? For sale presentation pursuing 1 week, and I am for the look for similarly info.

37. It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I have read this submit and if I may just I wish to suggest you some attention-grabbing issues or tips. Maybe you could write next articles regarding this article. I desire to read more issues about it!

38. I have been exploring for a little bit for any high-quality articles or weblog posts on this kind of house . Exploring in Yahoo I eventually stumbled upon this web site. Reading this info So i am glad to exhibit that I have an incredibly excellent uncanny feeling I came upon exactly what I needed. I so much undoubtedly will make certain to don?t forget this web site and give it a glance on a constant basis.