Home / Health / House Republicans Jump on Board Obamacare.

House Republicans Jump on Board Obamacare.

Written by Gary North on April 17, 2013

Obamacare is forever. The constituencies are lining up to get the free goodies, and Republicans are switching sides.

There is a GOP bill to make sure more Americans get access to the program.

This was inevitable. Once a social welfare program is set up, it creates vocal constituencies. No matter how loudly the opposition party warned against it, once it is law, the program is permanent. The former political opponents line up to cash in on it: votes.

It’s like events leading up to a war. The opponents warn against it, but once the shooting starts, opposition ceases.

We will get no relief until the federal government goes belly-up.

Continue Reading on thehill.com

33 thoughts on “House Republicans Jump on Board Obamacare.

1. deniseandros says:

I hope that these lying, Communist bastards, have very long and miserable lives. Imagine their shock when they wake up, only to find themselves caught in the evil snare, that they themselves set. No more freedom, no more individual wealth, and no more voice. Their world will consist only of varying shades of grey, and then the Judgement!

2. Disgusted says:

The POSTING policy forbids me to say what's really on my mind, 1st. your freedom of speech, then your freedom of guns, then our total freedoms are gone because of a tyrannical Government.

Now try to engage in a reasonable discourse (Thanks to the dumb sheeple talking heads in the USA)

3. Admiral America says:

They've been reassured re-election through electronic voting fraud.

4. b trexel says:

How Many "Disgusted" can there be? – I'll NOT 'donate' to their campaign – in fact – will "donate" to their OPPONENTs!

5. rightsright says:

Everything about our country is a sham now. No one can stand up to the organized American takeover and each day we are becoming more and more helpless. Those who are bashing the ones that know what is happening and willing to accept the crumbs that will be thrown to us, know not what they do.

6. What's the future of medical care – under Obama-medikin – for you and your heirs and assigns?  Think Romania, pre-1989, pre-Ceausescu:  http://bit.ly/XC6hPc

7. Or until the bullets fly from our guns! To "rights right", arm up and join your local Sheriff and prepare for revolution. If you stand by and allow these enemies of the Republic to continue and destroy the Constitution then you have no right to complain! The Constitution if ours, not theirs! It is the LAW! It demands justice! We've sacrificed many lives for the Constitution! We may need to sacrifice some more in order to preserve it and show the rest of the evil world that communism, fascism, liberalism, racism, and all the others are not welcome where the Constitution rules. The feds today exist in direct opposition to what is allowed by the Constitution! They laugh at our Constitution and want to stomp it into the trash heap! I will lay my body over the Constitution to defend it from these filthy bastards! Will any of you?

8. Absentee ballots in ID are paper. Get the hint?

9. Gary, you're a dumbass.

10. mickeymike2 says:

There's only one thing we can do to protect our country. Our representatives won't set term limits. So we have to make sure that we vote against all incombents in primaries and general elections. Our government has become a world unto itself. It feeds upon itself at our expense. Takes away our rights and takes away our money to support the re-election of it's members. Despite all the hoopla, most if not all of our representatives (and I think we should change that to "self representatives"), have the primary goal of getting re-elected. Power over the masses!!!

I was in my neighborhood restaurant this morning and was seated behind a group of jubilant individuals celebrating the coming implementation of the health care bill. I could not finish my breakfast. This is what ensued: They were a diverse group of several races and both sexes. I heard a young man exclaim, “Isn’t Obama like Jesus Christ? I mean, after all, he is healing the sick.”

A young woman enthusiastically proclaimed, “Yeah, and he does it for free. I cannot believe anyone would think that a free market wouldn’t work for health care.”

Another said, “The stupid Republicans want us all to starve to death so they can inherit all of the power. Obama should be made a Saint for what he did for those of us less fortunate.”

At this, I had more than enough. I arose from my seat, mustering all the restraint I could find, and approached their table. “Please excuse me; may I impose upon you for one moment?”

They smiled and welcomed me to the conversation. I stood at the end of their table, smiled as best I could and began an experiment.

“I would like to give one of you my house. It will cost you no money and I will pay all of the expenses and taxes for as long as you live there. Anyone interested?”

They looked at each other in astonishment. “Why would you do something like that?” asked a young man, “There isn’t anything for free in this world.” They began to laugh at me, as they did not realize this man had just made my point.

“I am serious, I will give you my house for free, no money whatsoever. Anyone interested?”

In unison, a resounding “Yeah” fills the room.
    “Since there are too many of you, I will have to make a choice as to who receives this money-free bargain.”

I noticed an elderly couple was paying attention to the spectacle unfolding before their eyes, the old man shaking his head in apparent disgust.

“I tell you what; I will give it to the one of you most willing to obey my rules.”

Again, they looked at one another, an expression of bewilderment on their faces.

The perky young woman asked, “What are the rules?”

I smiled and said, “I don’t know. I have not yet defined them. However, it is a free home that I offer you.”

They giggled amongst themselves, the youngest of which said, “What an old coot. He must be crazy to give away his home. Go take your meds, old man.”

I smiled and leaned into the table a bit further. “I am serious, this is a legitimate offer.”

They gaped at me for a moment.

“I’ll take it you old fool. Where are the keys?” boasted the youngest among them.

“Then I presume you accept ALL of my terms then?” I asked.

The elderly couple seemed amused and entertained as they watched from the privacy of their table. “Oh yeah! Where do I sign up?”

I took a napkin and wrote, “I give this man my home, without the burden of financial obligation, so long as he accepts and abides by the terms that I shall set forth upon consummation of this transaction.”

I signed it and handed it to the young man who eagerly scratched out his signature.

“Where are the keys to my new house?” he asked in a mocking tone of voice.

All eyes were upon us as I stepped back from the table, pulling the keys from pocket and dangling them before the excited new homeowner.

“Now that we have entered into this binding contract, witnessed by all of your friends, I have decided upon the conditions you are obligated to adhere to from this point forward. You may only live in the house for one hour a day. You will not use anything inside of the home. You will obey me without question or resistance. I expect complete loyalty and admiration for this gift I bestow upon you. You will accept my commands and wishes with enthusiasm, no matter the nature. Your morals and principles shall be as mine. You will vote as I do, think as I do and do it with blind faith. These are my terms. Here are your keys.” I reached the keys forward and the young man looked at me dumbfounded.

“Are you out of your mind? Who would ever agree to those ridiculous terms?” the young man appeared irritated.

“You did when you signed this contract before reading it, understanding it and with the full knowledge that I would provide my conditions only after you committed to the agreement.”

The elderly man chuckled as his wife tried to restrain him. I was looking at a now silenced and bewildered group of people.

“You can shove that stupid deal up your a** old man. I want no part of it!” exclaimed the now infuriated young man.

‘You have committed to the contract, as witnessed by all of your friends. You cannot get out of the deal unless I agree to it. I do not intend to let you free now that I have you ensnared. I am the power you agreed to. I am the one you blindly and without thought chose to enslave yourself to. In short, I am your Master.”

At this, the table of celebrating individuals became a unified group against the unfairness of the deal.

After a few moments of unrepeatable comments and slurs, I revealed my true intent.

“What I did to you is what this administration and congress did to you with the health care legislation. I easily suckered you in and then revealed the real cost of the bargain. Your folly was in the belief that you can have something you did not earn, and for that which you did not earn, you willingly allowed someone else to think for you. Your failure to research, study and inform yourself permitted reason to escape you. You have entered into a trap from which you cannot flee. Your only chance of freedom is if your new Master gives it to you. A freedom that is given can also be taken away. Therefore, it is not freedom at all.”

With that, I tore up the napkin and placed it before the astonished young man. “This is the nature of your new health care legislation.”

I turned away to leave these few in thought and contemplation — and was surprised by applause.

The elderly gentleman, who was clearly entertained, shook my hand enthusiastically and said, “Thank you, Sir. These kids don’t understand Liberty .”

He refused to allow me to pay my bill as he said, “You earned this one. It is an honor to pick up the tab.”

I shook his hand in thanks, leaving the restaurant somewhat humbled and sensing a glimmer of hope for my beloved country.

1. Remember… Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the American Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian.” Henry Ford

12. kimjim4042 says:

This will cost the GOP in 2014 however to not vote for them leaves the liberals in control. Once again, we must choose the lesser of two evils. Keep the house, get senate control in 2014 and a conservative president in 2016. A chance of change, without that things will certainly only go from bad to worse to worse until wem no longer have a country.

This must be true because we keep getting crooks no matter what party we choose. It seems that if they are not crooks on the way in they change soon there after.
    The senate and congress can serve one term and get full retirement benefits. A military person has to serve at least 20 years if he or she manages to stay alive that long and they are subject to rules that can take that away. The military in a word is called baby killer and spit upon for what these people ordered them to do.
    We have to find out how to replace them especially at the top and on down. We need to replace the legislation they have enacted to make laws for us but not them. Why wouldn't they want obamacare? They are not subject to it. This should never happen.

14. I have tried buying bullets but can't find them, and it is not due to he people buying them up it is due to the demand by the people although I will admit there is a demand for them but that demand is not being met.

15. I came back to add that we should remove the term representative completely and as for honorable, you can drop that for sure!

16. For anyone who is new here, this is actually one of Shane's more deeply thought out and philosophically contemplative posts. No one has ever confused Shane with Aristotle, although on occasion some people have confused Shane with Giligan.

17. I don't know about long lives, I would want them to be so miserable that it seems long.
    I have called my two Tn. senators and they talk a good game and then vote however they choose. the fact that I have a democratic congressman should speak for itself. congressman Cooper must live in another universe because he never fails to vote exactly opposite of what normal people want. That tells me that some one or something is more important than the people he is suppose to represent. We were sold out years ago and it has only gotten worse. Alexander and Corker talk a good game and then do the opposite. Why do I feel so badly when I find out what I really already knew? Honorable my red as .

18. We certainly have gone under now. What gets me is these organizations that keep asking for contributions for going against what is happening, but we seem to lose anyway. We have lost our leverage with voting, our elected officals wont listen to us, so what next? We revolt? And Obama cleans house. Sad

19. Our elected officials have now sealed our fate! Seems a disaster comes along and bingo, something goes forward in Washington as we reel from the disaster. What will it take to correct this? I do not know. Even with all the many guns we have in this country, we have no organization. WE are monitored 24-7, so the word cannot get out without them knowing in advance what is going on. So if all you bright people out there cant think of something, we are lost. Peace! Without it we are lost…

20. Anonymous says:

21. Erastuw Semaphore says:

I'm from South Carolina and last time, I voted for Graham. Well, on the basis of what he is doing now, I will never do that again. I've heard him called a "RHINO", or "Republican in Name Only". Now I believe that is true. When will these people who think that "politician" is lifetime job position, get the point that the so-called "Obama-care" is UNCONSTITUTIONAL. The conservative voters must find someone who really is conservative, in our next election. I will even consider the "TEA PARTY" candidates in the next election. If Obamacare is not repealed, the Liberals can count on long tenure as being in control of the federal government because many people will vote for the one who promises them the most…and that usually is the democrabs.

22. profitup10 says:

Here is how the Progressive have corrupted our cities and States. This city voted 75% for Reagan in 1980 – look at who they owe now . . This is a small Southern Oregon city – just think what the big ones got . . bribes bribes –

City of Medford Oregon / American Recovery Act

American Recovery Act

The City of Medford is actively pursuing funding through the Economic Stimulus package recently approved by the Congress. However, there remain a number of unknowns as to how the funds will be distributed, how much will be received by the City and which projects may be funded. The current information regarding these funds has some guidelines that restrict what we can apply for but the City is applying for funds that will support the council priorities for the community.

The City of Medford has received information that the following funds will be coming to our community:

$1,027,699 for the Barnett Road/Greenway Overcrossing

$ 166,819 in Community Development Block Grants

$2,000,000 to Rogue Valley Transit District for capital purchases

$ 316,000 to Rogue Valley Transit District to pave their bus parking area

$ 852,936 in Neighborhood Stabilization 2 grant funds

Some of the projects proposed by the City Council for application to State and Federal agencies for these funds include:

· Barnett Greenway Bridge at Highland

· U.S. Cellular Community Park Phase 4

· Vactor Waste Treatment Facility

· Fire Stations & Fire Staffing

· Police Staffing

· Development Services Center

· Hillcrest Road Stabilization

· Prescott Park & Chrissy Park Wildland Fire Reduction

Updated 3/31/09

23. deniseandros says:

It's okay; If you can't post it, then climb up onto the top of your roof and shout it. Do it while you still can, soon it will be labeled a "hate" crime. When we are in FEMA camp together we will at least have our memories to sustain us.

24. Someone's projecting again, eh? Next….

25. Supporting Obamacare is an unAmerican activity and all supporters should be barred from serving on any conservative ticket .

26. The Republican Party is dead. Time to form a 3rd Party that is TRULY opposed to big and growing government, vote Libertarian, or just give up on political action entirely and prepare for collapse. Continuing to try to affect change via the GOP has proven repeatedly to be a useless gesture.

27. Can we get a list please.???

28. Your wrong, their wealth and contacts will allow them to be the new elite class……ITS CALLED GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE or should I say the government dictators.

29. We must not forget the RINOS that voted for back ground checks on gun owners and other anti-gu issues. The same goes for Obamacare. We must replace them all when their term is up.

30. ConstitutionPty says:

Consider the merits of the Constitution Party and our Plan for the Restoration of the American Republic – From the People Up!

31. ConstitutionPty says:

The Problem: http://www.scribd.com/doc/123866490/Analysis-The-

The Solution: http://www.scribd.com/doc/123865312/Strategy-Broa

Why We're Different: http://www.scribd.com/doc/131549255/Analysis-Why-

To Main Street Professionals: http://www.scribd.com/doc/133260148/Target-Main-S

Draining the Democrats (Part 1): http://www.scribd.com/doc/64013565/Target-Rank-an

Draining the Democrats (Part 2): http://www.scribd.com/doc/64012789/Target-America

Catch the vision and join our Recruitment Brigade in exploiting the Establishment Republican Elite for the evil oppositional force it has become in quashing Conservative fiscal and social policy: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Constitution-Party

32. Caroline Hawkins says:

Not really they stripe the old, poor,AND our Children. We set back and watch our children pick up the cost of everything that is going on today. By the time all of this is done all we well have left is rich people and the children paying their way. Pray and get off the tit.

33. WhiteFalcon2 says:

"We will get no relief until the federal government goes belly-up." That will be the truth. This entire Federal Government will have to go flat bankrupt before some measure of sanity returns. It may be the beginning of the next dark age, but it is going to happen. It may be fifty years, but probably less until it happens but it won't be pretty when it does happen.Then all the something for nothing people will be in bad shape. Unfortunately, those on Social Security will too and they don't deserve to be if they paid their dues and were not put on the rolls as a political expediency. We all know that there is a monumental amount of work that needs to be done in this Government, but the supposedly intelligent people that are running things can't fathom the most obvious of things that need to be done. They totally lack the spines to admit that what they have done was wrong and simply recind those things and go back to where we were and use another approach. This is pure and total stupidity, or the US Governemnt, however you want to say it. Both are the same thing.