Home / War / “Klaatu, Barada, Bar Code”: Bar Codes Visible from Outer Space

“Klaatu, Barada, Bar Code”: Bar Codes Visible from Outer Space

Written by Gary North on February 20, 2013

What will we learn next?

Take a look at some bar codes that Google Maps has turned up.

BarCode3

BarCode2

What are these all about?

We are told that they were camera calibrating devices. American spy planes in the 1950s and 1960s flew overhead, taking photos. But to take a good photo, a camera needs precise measurements for focusing. These bar codes provided the masters.

Anyway, that’s the official line.

In half a century, none of this leaked out. It makes you wonder. How many things have never leaked out? How many don’t leak out today, and won’t for 50 years?

Continue Reading on www.clui.org

29 thoughts on ““Klaatu, Barada, Bar Code”: Bar Codes Visible from Outer Space

1. Well, it didn't leak back then because we were America, today we're Amerika.
    And don't forget to order your picture of our Great Leader at http://www.allexaltedgreatness.gov/surf-peasant

2. David in MA says:

Did they not leak out because they are actually self storage units?

3. FedUpToHere says:

Hmmmmmm….drone targeting calibration sites?

4. Oh, for Pete's sake! Those are standard resolution charts! Did you ever hear of Fairchild Camera and Instruments? I worked for them for 30- years. Such resolution charts are found on the ground anywhere people do aerial mapping. There's nothing sinister about them at all. They are used to check that the camera optics are doing what they are supposed to do. Look here: https://www.google.com/search?q=aerial+resolution

Ignorant, paranoid idiots

5. groundresonance says:

Scraping the bottom of the barrel here…
    That's the standard Air Force lens resolution target for calibration. You can get the smaller ones (I have one) to calibrate optics that the general public uses (cameras, scopes, binoculars, etc) through most major camera outlets.
    No black ops and nothing worth "leaking out" status.

6. Thank you for that moment of clarity and truth ! ! We need much more of it !

7. FedUpToHere says:

Tell your Mommy you need some more Kool Aid, then go have a lie-down. Your train will be leaving soon.

Ignorant? Nope, I read the drivel from both sides and make my own decisions. Paranoid? Just enough to distrust all that would seize control of MY freedoms. Idiot? Nope, 139 far exceeds the idiot level.

8. Phuq Obama says:

I suspect he's commenting more about the author and not the commentators when he says "Ignorant, paranoid idiots". Gary North has a habit of blowing things out of proportion. He is constantly trying to make news so he takes innocent stories and tries to turn them into some grand government conspiracy. Just another example of a Ron Paul fanatic at work.

9. Dave Veselenak says:

DD, I'm with you brother! I've been saying for some time now that we have become AMERIKA and the ef'n sheeple had better get their heads out of their asses! We are living under a Muslim-Marxist jihadist and his communist minions and it's time to start thinking REVOLUTION! You want your freedom then like our forefathers, your going to have to put your life on the line as they were brave enough to do! Their is a hell of a lot more of "US" than them and the sheeple had better wake the hell up! What you have is luciferian/communist tyrants running the country – that must change! WAKE UO, WISE UP, RISE UP!

10. Seymour Kleerly says:

Muslim and Marxist are mutually exclusive. If you even know what that means.

11. I think Gary North is attempting to become a contributor to "Before It's News". LOL

12. What is the point of this piece? I can't figure out if this is UFO or black helicopter paranoia. The "official" explanation is perfectly plausible. And getting antsy because "it was just now revealed"? Who cares? It's not newsworthy so why should it have been "revealed"? Nobody gives a crap. What a waste of time.

13. Gary, stop putting this kind of crap out. You are better than this, and this is ruining your credibility.

14. These are NOT bar codes, They are resolution targets, and they are in fact for focusing cameras. When looking at the image, a person can see just how well focused the camera was, by seeing just how small are the smallest lines they can see. This resolution chart has been in use since microfilm was invented, and there is nothing sinister anout it. It is just a tool that is used, no different than finding a screwdriver on the ground. What it DOES do, is alert us that we are being watched, but anyone with a brain knows that anyway. I am a patriot, and definitely Not a left wing idiot. I just wanted to calm down the paranoia. Find something real to "Leak".

15. If you want to see strange (UFO? Military?) markings in southern Arizona via Google Earth, watch this four minute video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhoNiKeq86o

What kind of aircraft are those at 3:00? I know aircraft, and they look like nothing that I have seen before (vague similarity to MIG 21, Delta Daggers/Darts, Dassault Mirage).

16. Doctor_Bob says:

Sorry to toss cold water on this story, but those aren't bar codes. They are lens resolution test charts. Serious photographers use those to test their lenses for resolution, or the ability of the lens to resolve fine details. I own several of them myself. I can easily believe they were meant to test U-2, SR-71 or satellite camera lenses.

17. Not if you look at who was supporting the 'Arab Spring' in Egypt

18. Methinks you need to read memorial day by brad thor

19. Seymour Kleerly says:

Marxism rejects Religion. Islam is a Religion. It's not rocket science.

20. I think you meant "serf". Also, you're retarded.

21. Ignorant? Yes. Ignorant is a non-pejorative word meaning one simply doesn't know something about the matter at hand. It is likely that you, and most of humanity, don't know what the back of the Moon looks like, because you've never seen it. You are thus 'ignorant' of what it looks like. I, on the other hand DO know what the back-side of the Moon looks like, because I have photographs of it , one of which is hanging on my wall. My company took high resolution pictures of it with our Lunar Mapping Cameras. You can see such a picture here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Far_side_of_the_Moon .

My pictures are better than those online because they were made using the original 5 inch wide negatives. If you say to me that the pictures could not be real because that side of the moon is always dark, you would simply be ignorant of the fact that what you believe is not true. No fault there because it is a common misconception.

As to paranoia, it is a two edged sword, but one which can be dealt with if care is used. God gave us paranoia for good reason: SURVIVAL. "Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean there isn't someone out to get you" is a valid statement. The INTELLIGENT paranoiac, admitting he/she is paranoid, will validate his/her fears by testing his/her extreme suspicions. Unfortunately, most paranoiacs are not intellectually honest enough to look for corroborating evidence for their suspicions. Occams Razor ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor ) tells us that that the simple explanation is LIKELY the best. In this case, such resolution charts are tools that have been around for longer than I have been alive, which is a long time. But, that said, there is no obstacle to such arrays being ancillary items to the general field of intelligence gathering. Better to assuage one's paranoia, is to look for things that don't fit, or capable of being exploited. My entire family, myself included, have been members of the intelligence community, from which w are now retired. There is a maxim in that world that states, "Anything that can be exploited, will be exploited." So, if you really want to figure out who is, or might be, tracking you, and how, look for things that can be exploited and devise ways to test them. One way would be to force a reaction by doing, or saying something that a clandestine observer would have to move on. A person is paranoid if they accept strong suspicions without testing those suspicions. There are useful software tools, such as Netmap, which make analysis of information easier. Find out who is using that software and you may find people who are snooping you. Or you could simple look at Google, the biggest snoopers in the world.

22. Daniel from TN says:

Actually, Islam is a political/military organization that only has an element of religion associated with it. Islam did not consider itself a religion until the mid 1850s, when it saw financial advantages to being classifed a religion. Mosques are the equivalent of chapels. Calling Islam a religion is like calling the US Army a religion because it has chapels where religious services sometimes occur.

23. Daniel from TN says:

I learned about these when I was in the Air Force back in the seventies. To obtain proper, usable pictures surveillance cameras have to be properly focused. These "bar codes" are used for focusing. Planes can fly over one of these at a specific altitude to make sure cameras are focused for that altitude. Their existance is not classified and never has been.

24. Seymour Kleerly says:

That's in the Right Wing ALTERNATIVE UNIVERSE.

25. NoMoreMarxistsInDC says:

26. NoMoreMarxistsInDC says:

Islam is a militant political and social system way of life. It has nothing to do with religion. It hides behind religion as an excuse to implement its terroristic form of government. It fits into the Marxist theory of government. Do as I say, or be executed.

27. NoMoreMarxistsInDC says:

Islam rejects ALL other religions. It is NOT a religion. It's not rocket science.

28. I have to agree, standard resolution test charts. Anyone who has spent any time as a serious photographer or working on/with copiers will be familiar with them. I have several printer test files I use to check calibration between my monitor and printer. (Full color of course, but one has a section identical to these (well OK, much smaller … ) Nothing new, nothing sinister here.

29. I took a close look at the site referenced in the link above … looks to me like an old bombing range, I'm no expert in photo interpretation, but many of the features are present as far back as the historical images go. The blue feature with the arrows appears to be a bombing range. Some of the images have the sun at lower angles and the craters are clearly visible. Conclusion, the arrows are just that arrows to identify the area for the pilots, maybe high altitude bomb runs? I'm not seeing a lot of dimensionality in the aircraft, maybe plywood mockups? Nothing sinister and an old cold war now disused practice range for the fly boys. I suspect many of the other features were meant to simulate various soviet military infrastructure, and that the "bulls eye" at the top of the one runway was just that. I seem to recall the AF holding bombing competitions back then that were scored by how close your dummy bomb cam to the bulls eye.