Home / Social Security/Medicare / Retired General Warns of Social Security’s Dum-Dum Bullet Purchases

48 thoughts on “Retired General Warns of Social Security’s Dum-Dum Bullet Purchases

1. Yes General. We are aware and trying to determine their distribution locations.

2. This is Bull Manure. Somebody needs to do their home work.

Criminals shot with hollow point bullets by the Police ACTUALLY survive more often than those shot with none hollow points. This is the actual evidence as gathered from many studies to include the UCR's (Uniform Crime Reports) gathered by the FBI. Police (anybody) under stress continues to fire until their target goes down therefore criminals hit with HP's go down sooner and get shot less. I am so GD tired of the "mystic" surrounding hollow point bullets to this day. I even here the term Dumb Dumbs and most people do not know that that refers to a British Arsenal in India !!

Second somebody needs to go and read the NATO Book "Emergency War Surgery" to see the amount of damage done by small bullets like the 5.56 mm / 223 Remington fired from the M 16 or the Soviet version using a slightly smaller caliber.

Yes I am concerned as to why SS needs ANY ammo but spreading BS about hollow points isn't going to cut it. I have been around guns since I can remember (age 5 is my first memory), been trained by both the Marine Corps and Army in multiple weapons systems (air and ground), been a marksmanship instructor, been in three wars, been a Special Forces (Green Beret) Medic, been a cop, law enforcement firearms instructor, and have reloaded my own ammunition since age 7. So I must strongly disagree with this article. It is sensationalism just to sell and not accurate. We don't need it.

3. Steve first I’d like to thank you for your service. Second what were you trying to say? That hollow points cause more damage per shot so the target goes down sooner with less bullets in him than with non hollow points?? The article said it causes more damage. Not that it’s a instant kill magic bullet. Also if they use it on Americans it will be like war, not like a police shoot out with usually a couple ambulances there by the time it ends and these people will be shooting to kill not disarm or render the target helpless. And people shot with these bullets will most likely bleed out if no help is given. So overall you just confirmed his report.

4. I STILL PREFER HP ONLY IF ME OR MY FAMILY ARE IN DANGER. IF I HAVE TO SHOOT I CAN AT LEAST SLOW THE DANGER DOWN.

5. Rabelrouser says:

The more serious question is: What is planned for this amount of ammunition? Then to be followed by : To what end?
    For the SSA, and NOAA to have this amount stored for the future, is that telling of a pre placed plan? Are they afraid of seniors rioting because their checks are cut off? or that people will riot against the forcasting of the weather? Or are they afraid of the people , being caught up in an economic collpse, rioting for food?
    More to the point, are they signialing their intent for the future, one that would include a suspention of Habeious Corpus, Rights, Liberties; and even posse comitotus? Are they really afraid of the citizens or are they desiring to control said citizens by whatever force they deem pratical for their purposes?
    These are serious questions, not merely hyperbole. And given the way that government has been run almost by fiat decree and without Constitutional structure or guidance in the past 4 years, what does the future hold?
    Be prepared my friends to be able to sustain yourself and your family. Be able to defend yourself in like manner. The writing is on the wall.

6. no country has ever gone communist willingly and these assholes in charge now want communism so you figure out why they need all that ammo

7. adamenochnoah says:

I hope that you do not disagree that hollow points cause significantly more tissue & bone damage & provide near one shot stoppage to people hit in the vital areas from a major caliber handgun.

8. adamenochnoah says:

In the state I live in, Romney has a overwhelming lead so I am able to vote my conscience without damaging his chance of being elected unless my candidate wins. With that in mind, I just cast my vote for Gary Johnson & Jim Gray, & I voted for the only 2 other Libertarians on the ticket. On all with the exception of one, I voted None of the Above for the Democrats & Republicans. The one Republican that I voted for was to replace the Democrat David Scott in the Congressional House of Representatives because I regard him as one of the most corrupt Representatives in DC, & voting Republican was the only real option to try to unseat him…

As a former life-long Republican, I can now tell everyone that it felt really good to kick the corrupt two-party system out the door, even though I have only one vote to be counted…

9. ken1lutheran says:

My guess is that the purchase is really for the CIA. The CIA's budget is not shown in the line item of the federal budget as purchased. Its expenses are hidden in the budgets of various other departments, and only the members of the Intelligence Committee know which ones are CIA.

10. AD Roberts says:

Go back and try again. No matter what you say abut FMJ bullets doing significant damage or people who survive being shot by hollow points, ANYONE who knows ANYTHING about bullets KNOWS that FMJ easily go through a body without doing much damage. But a hollow point DOES expand and fragment and is designed to STOP the person on the spot.

I guess you need to be asked a question. Which would you rather be shot with?

Now go back and start quoting all the stats you want to. It won't change the COMMON SENSE of bullets. You are arguing about the peripheral. One last question. Which bullet would you rather have if a crazy machete wielding man were charging toward you. Don't bother answering. I will for you. You will want fragmenting and/or hollowpoints.

11. AD Roberts says:

By the way, FMJ are MUCH cheaper is they are going to be used for "PRACTICE" and qualification for SS security guards. So with our government spiraling into debt, why not buy FJM if they are for practice.

12. 2WarAbnVet says:

Small point, but I believe the Hague convention of 1899 that outlawed the use of expandable bullets in warfare.

13. Texas Chris says:

Surely the generous US Government is going to mail us all a couple hundred hollow point each, for national defense, right?

14. Texas Chris says:

Because it ain't for practice. They're planning on shooting some people.

15. Texas Chris says:

They can't impose communism while we're still armed.

Hence, hollow points.

16. even if some are used for practice/qualifying, anyone worth half their salt knows one practices with the SAME ROUNDS they will carry. Sure, most of us peons will save some bucks and get FMJ…. professionals (which, unforutunatly, are mostly fed by the public peons who can't afford the best for themselves) will spend the money and use what they carry. Most cops, security, etc, do that.

The REAL issue is WHY do Social Security people need ANY guns/ammo? I have heard they do have some enforcement officers… so do a pile of other government agencies.. in particular the US MArshall's office… when SS needs to pick up a scoundrel, why do THEY have to have their own arresting officers at super high expense? How many arrests per year do they now effect? Why not have another government agency already charged and equipped for law enforcement do the "dirty dangerous" work? Far more efficient. And cheaper….

17. hollow point bullets are NOT "dum dum" bullets. Get that straight, will you?

18. Hollow point bullets do extreme damage to living things and soft targets (fleshy). They more than mushroom like a typical bullet. I have used them a long time ago. I would say if your hit by one of these you are going down. And if in the gut your probably dead. Other alternative is to cut an + at the tip of a soft lead bullet. Defiantly is a killer bullet as well. I think a copper jacket is a little less deadly unless hit in vital organs (heart, head, ect.).

19. It's like bullet goes in small opening (point of entry) and blows out a HUGE portion of your body at the point of exit. SO! Your dead! Not a couple of stitches to close the exit point!

20. Who's going to enforce the law if the government is the one doing the shooting?

21. I think they expand even better when it hits fleshy material. Good squirrel ammo……

22. Interesting that the NOAA is stockpiling too. The NOAA 16 weather satellite has been sending erroneous climate data back to earth for the last decade, which has been used as "proof" that global warming is all the fault of us icky-poo humans and that we have to pay a carbon tax as punishment for breathing.

These data was also used drafting legislation and government policy on carbon taxation. The only problem is the data was consistently reporting surface temperature 10 degrees higher than actual. A red flag went up awhile back when the satellite reported temperatures in the Great Lakes area around 800 degrees F.

It's important to understand that everything the federal government uses to support its claim that we are all "useless eaters" who need to be exterminated is based on LIES, LIES and more LIES.

23. I wonder if Steve among all his exposure to ballistics has ever watched at slow speed expanding bullets fired through and photographed s, going through a block of ballistic gelatin the resulting damage vs FMJ rounds. I doubt it.

24. Thank you for your service Steve.

25. It's OK. We find out the location where they are wearhousing all the ammo, and, when Civil War II begins, that will make it that much easier for us to take them and use them. I must be obvious that the fascist-Democraps are organizing all gummint bureaurats to kill citizens when the inevitable UN sponsored gun-grab is attempted.

26. Of course they are. The 2 typical types of "dum dum" bullets are hollow point and soft point bullets. Get YOUR facts straight.

27. STEVE JUST STFU………..HOLLOW POINTS MUSHROOM, AND NORMALLY DON'T PASS THRU A TARGET!!! THE GOVERNMENT WANTS TO BRING YOU DOWN AND STAY DOWN, IS THE REASON, ONE BULLET PER TARGET!!, THERE IS NO EARTHLY REASON WHY NOAA AND SS NEED THAT MUCH AMMO OR ANY FOR THAT MATTER, EXPECT IN THE EYES OF THE POS GUTTER RAT IN OUR OVAL OFFICE, IT'S THE ONE THAT NEEDS TO BE STOPPED ASAP…………..NOVEMBER 6TH, ONE PIECE OF FILTH SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO BRING THIS COUNTRY TO HER KNEES!!

28. Perhaps, just perhaps they are buying dum dum bullets to use on what they consider dum dum citizens, those who allow them to get away with this sort of stuff. And maybe were it not for people like you and the general we would be the dum dums they think we are and left in the dark until these dum dums were used against some of us dum dums.

29. The point, I believe, in this action is illegal use of SS.

30. Using the F word does not increase your IQ and typing in all caps is synonymous with shouting. Instead does some reading that may perhaps educate you. Here is a good start:

Also please read all the links. You will learn more about wound ballistics than you ever imagined.

31. Please read this link and the links it gives. It just about covers anything and everything concerning wound ballistics

32. Please read the following link and the links it gives. You will learn all anyone ever wants about wound ballistics.

33. Please read the link below and all the links it gives. You will learn everything you ever wanted to know about wound ballistics.

34. Please read the link below and all the links it gives. You will learn everything you ever wanted to know about wound ballistics.

35. APPARENTLY YOU NEED IT, TAKE YOUR SCIENTIFIC MUMBO-JUMBO BULLSHYT AND SHOVE IT, HOLLOW POING DOES MORE DAMAGE, SO AGAIN STFU!!

36. What the heck could possibly justify the SSA and NOAA buying ammunition at all, let alone hollow point bullets? For that matter, if hollow points are banned by the Geneva Convention, then what is is any government agency doing buying them? And from where?

37. Charles Class says:

Steve, Thank you for your lifetime of service. Not for your opinion.

38. Charles Class says:

So the ammo must have been purchased to kill civilians. Duh!

39. Ask not at whom these lethal expanding bullets will be aimed – they will be aimed at thee !

40. Warning to the American People.

IS OBAMA A PYCHOPATHIC JUDAS?

It is obvious that oBama hates America. These people in Benghazi saw the danger they were in and despite repeated request for assistance they were denied. They were all slaugtered with reports the ambassador himself may have been sodomized, just like the way Khadafy died.

After Bin Laden was killed 26 Navy Seals died in mysterious circumstances. Radical Islamist have been seeing going in and out of the White House. A price to pay for killing a man he admired?

What does he do next? Party, appear on talk show after talk show grinning ear to ear. He seems to have a penchent for killing our top soldiers, Navy Seals!

He was caught in with an open mike telling a top Putin aid he will be more “flexible” when he is elected when it comes to our nuclear arsenal. What the heck does that mean?

He has appointed communist after communist and radicals who then appoint unvetted Muslims as aids.

Why am I telling you this? Because after Benghazi, what’s next? Your town, your city, your state being the next target of a nuclear or biological terrorist strike? Courtesy of oBama and his radical Muslims seen going in and out of the White House, with who knows with what under their arms or a wink from oBama?

And with that Alfred E Neumann grin ear to ear? Can you trust what his explanation will be? Do you see what is going on? Do you see the setup that Ambassor Stevens failed to see? Do you see the setup the 26 Navy SEALS failed to see?

Will you be the next sheep to be slaughtered by this psychopath and his psychopants to bring America down? A dream many tyrants have held for years.

Do you see why he grins ear to ear everytime something like this happens and then parties with that Cheshire grin ear to ear of his?

41. I am a Marine Corps Scout Sniper with 83 confirmed kills in Vietnam. Sorry I have to mention this as it IS NOT a proud part of my life. I am also a US Army Green Beret Medic that has had to clean up gunshot wounds in combat/primitive conditions (Iraq, Afghanistan). So until you have personally killed another human being and until you can tell me what the 4 C's are of wound debridement are I suggest you follow the advice you gave me.

Again you are using the F word and all caps. Again you have demonstrated you are lacking in knowledge of killing another human being. So if I am wrong give me the name(s) of the people you have killed or your military records to show it. In other words put up or be quite.

P.S. I didn't know that scientific evidence was disturbing to your vacant occipital, basal, temporal, etc bones.

P.S.S. Question since you seem to know so much about the damage HP can do can you tell me the verdict the USMC gave about shooting through glass with ANY rifle cartridge? Like the 168 gr. Sierra HP BT round? Under hostage conditions.

42. Your welcome Sir. But with specifics, and I do mean specifics, what exactly was wrong with my opinion? Please look at the other post I have replied to with the link I gave on wound ballistics.

43. HEY STEVIE, I DON'T GIVE A WHAT YOU ARE OR WHO YOU ARE, IF I NEED TO SHOOT SOMEONE, I WOULD PREFER HOLLOW POINT FOR MYSELF, AND IF YOU ARE SO UPSET THAT I USE CAPS…………….IT'S BECAUSE I HAVE CATARACTS, ( ACCORDING TO SOME NEW RULES AND REGS IN PLACE BY THAT SOB IN MY OVAL OFFICE) I'M NOT BLIND ENOUGH TO HAVE THE PROCEDURE DONE………SO KISS OFF, STFU, MARINE OR NO MARINE!!! HOLLOW POINTS DO MORE DAMAGE .

44. A P.S. FOR YA BUBBA, IF YOU WERE A TRUE MARINE, YOU WOULDN'T BE SUCH AN ARROGANT @$$

45. Could it be that if the goverment is ordering all this ammo the manufactures don't have the capacity to make ammo for the general population? The goverment by law gets theirs first!

46. Congratulations, you just voted for Obama. You're now officially one of the many people who want to see America destroyed and marxism, sharia law, and dictator Obama flourish . If Obama wins, I hope you'll have that on your conscience until the day you die.

47. Think about this. Your tax dollars being spent and you are paying for the thing that may kill you. Thats our government in power's thinking. Some one is scared because they know all the wrong they have done to this country. Who cares about the KIND of bullets. How about what they are going to be used for and who ok'd their purchase with OUR MONEY!

48. Go on youtube and see combat teams walkind down city streets in full gear. Check points. FEMA camps with razor wire at the top of the fence. Buildings with railroad tracks along side of them. Get ready. Here comes the bad guys. And its our own government. The new Hitler