Home / Bureaucracy / “We Need Death Panels,” Writes Obama Advisor

49 thoughts on ““We Need Death Panels,” Writes Obama Advisor

1. Well ,,,, I guess I'm a goner they will just pull my plug and dump me into a hole in the ground ,,,,,,,,,,,

2. It hard to believe this artical is put out by this paper. They usualy covering for out failed leadership….I guess they seen how bad a job Obama did in the debate and can not cover for him any longer. Obama is a bad leader and a bad man with questionable values. He more of an american enemy then a friend.You can judge him by his friends. Just check out a few of his Czars. They are anti american who try to destroy out values. Just look at his two mentors. REv Wright and VAn Jones. They hate american values………..TEN REASON TO FIRE OBAma….. .http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=51446)

3. With all the attention this regime pays to the greens and love of the UN agenda 21 we will probably receive natural burials, dumped on the ground to feed mother natures plants and animals.

4. Something else you might be interested in is the fact that these panels will be comprised of laymen – no health officials – as OWEbama stated in the debate. They will make all decisions on any life saving care you may or may not receive and move your physician out of the loop. Those treatments may include chemo, heart surgery, bypass, stroke intervention, etc. In addition, the decisions will be made at a meeting of the board in which a quorum is present.

Those decisions will not be only for seniors but for ANYONE – including children who have been ill for sometime. Their care may be just to make them comfortable – nothing else. Pre-existing conditions included.

Currently there is no definition of quorum in the IPAB board's rules and could mean as few as ONE person at the meeting. If no one can attend, then the decisions will be made by the HHS head, now Sebellius.

OWEbamaTAX must be repealed before it kills all of us, young, middle aged or elderly. Just because one has insurance, as in this case, it does NOT guarantee care – just that you have insurance. Do SOME research – there reliable info on the Net – read it. Educate yourself. I have read that entire monstrosity. It is NOT healthcare – it is government control of 1/6 of our economy and all of our lives.

Mobilize all your friends, family, even your enemies to vote for Romney/Ryan and get the Repubs in control of the Senate and keep the control of the House so this bill can be repealed day one of a NEW administration.

5. I hope they allocate more money for the burials. It doesn't pay diddely squat now.

6. Yep slickzip that is what they will do too us sooner or later. The problem is that government has stepped in and taken care of us when we or our family use to do that. Us and families did the very best they could for us old duffers and then we died and they dumped us into a hole. Now we are facing government that will just dump us into a hole. Is there some kind of difference? either way we will die and get dumped into a hole. I just want to be let go in as little pain as possible and get dumped into a hole. We all have that very thing in our future regalrdless of who pulls the plug. My hope is that the preacher is correct in that we have a shot at heaven after we get put in the hole.

7. It's the same with OSHA, all lay people on that one, also.

8. Seminole Katz says:

ObamaCare will work about as well or worse than ANY OTHER Government Program. The 47 % think they will be getting FREE healthcare, just like the free food, free phone, nearly free housing, etc. Americans will be allowed to die unnecessarily and our organs will be " harvested " and sold for high dollars on the World Market. If all of this goes through, America's Freedom will be gone and EVERONE that has fought and died for freedom will have done so for naught. May their spirits haunt the 47 % and the rest of us. ANYONE BUT the Ineligible Obama in November.

9. Seminole Katz says:

@ slickzip : Not so fast: your body will be kept " functioning " so your organs can be harvested. Your " remains " will be used for who known what: fertilizer, Soylant Green, fuel, etc. Ah, but your valuable organs will be sold on the World Market where those that are EXEMPT from ObamaCare, like Congress, Illegal Aliens and other friends and contrubutors to King Obama, will receive the harvest. " Oh, please don't bury me, down in that cold cold ground – I'm gonna' have them cut me up and pass me all around " Classic Song Writer and Performer John Prine.

10. I for one will DECIDE on how, not some stupid @$$ED layman that ovomit picks, and THIS FOOL WAS WRONG IN THE DEBATES, THOSE 15 MORON'S WILL DECIDE WHAT KIND OF TREATMENT TO GIVE AND WHAT TO WITHHOLD…………..IF IT'S NOT COST EFFECTIVE THE TREATMENT WILL BE DENIED TO PEOPLE 70 AND OVER, THAT'S PLAYING GOD, AND THIS SOB, IS SO OUT AND OUT………….UNGODLY THAT IS TERRIFYING, THIS IS HOW IT CAN MAINTAIN MEDICARE, WHEN YOUR 65 YOU WILL GO ON MEDICARE, BUT IN 5 YEARS, YOU WILL BE DENIED!!!!!!! THE SAME FOR BABIES AND CHILDREN FROM BIRTH TO 15, IF YOU MANAGE TO SURVIVE WITHOUT MUCH HEALTHCARE YA GOT IT MADE, FROM 15 TO 60, YOU WILL GET SOME HEALTHCARE(QUALITY WILL BE IFFY) FROM 60 TO 70, THE SO CALLED HEALTHCARE WILL BE DECLINING RAPIDLY………….HEY YOUR CHOICE YOU WANT THIS RAVING LUNATIC TO TAKE OVER THIS ENTIRE NATION, AND RATION EVERYTHING FROM ENERGY, TO FOOD, TO HOMES, TO WHERE YOU WORK, THIS IS WHAT THIS MAD DOG HAS IN STORE, AND I DON'T GIVE A DAMN WHAT THE 47% SAYS OR DOES,………………..WHEN IT COMES RIGHT DOWN TO IT, THEY WON'T LIKE IT EITHER………………BUT GUESS WHAT FOLKS IT WILL BE TO GOD DAMNED LATE, IF YOU LET THIS MEALY MOUTHED LIAR BACK FOR ANOTHER 4!!!!

11. Elizabeth says:

Tell me when the biog O flop has _ a right to decide who lives and who dies

12. From a macroeconomic view, Americans will always pay more in aggregate for healthcare because of this CHOICE we make to extend the lives of our sick elderly. I brought this point up with a British guy not too long back (a well known research scientist). His response was something to the effect that the Brits actually don't disallow such measures in their own system if people so choose.

If that is true, then the reason for their lower costs must be simply that British people tend to not take extra measures to extend the lives of their elderly beyond some limit they have come to consider as reasonable for them. But considering their penchant for Utilitarianism, it makes perfect sense that they would tend to think this way. "If I'm no use to anyone, it's time to pack it up and go" is the new "English way."

But what this gent, and we, and apparently Dr. North might be missing is the bigger picture. Yes, we will always be paying more for health care if we choose to extend the lives of our elderly. That is our economic choice, and we will live with the economic consequences. HOWEVER, in the long term (and considering the "time" element of the economic triangle of time, cost, and quality), the QUALITY of care for the elderly will, over time, tend to get better, and more efficient. But if we don't make the investment, it won't ever happen.

So if the administration had a little vision here, they would see that, yet again, it is the Americans who will bear the present burden and bring yet another gift to the world in the long haul of showing how to efficiently care for our elderly population. But that isn't what they are about, is it? They are about taking the whole thing over in order to fulfill their god complex.

13. Uh, there is a new bill in Congress (HR6566) to address mass deaths due to as the govt likes to call it: mass fatality consideration and religious act.
    It is an amendment to the Homeland Security Act of 2002.
    Why would the govt want to pass a bill like this?

14. My father is a physician. He did his residency in Canada. He understands "socialized" health care. He supports Obamacare. He has said on multiple occasions "we're going to have death panels". But he thinks they're necessary because otherwise high costs will overwhelm the system. God forbid we simply make the medical profession answer to market forces. Medicine, you must understand, is not like other industries. It's speeechhial! Why? "Because it deals with life and death." Oh, I see. I have several other physicians in my family. Talk about people ignorant of how the market works. Of course they generally think they're fantastic businesspeople. As evidence, look how well they do for themselves. To myself, I laugh. Austrian economics has given me the ability to do so. Beating something with something.

15. Sorry! There is no honesty in any New York Times article. Not any more! There is no such thing as scarce resources when it comes to life or death medical and hospital care. Everyone deserves all the medical care that is techologically feasible, that he or she can afford, or that he or she can work to pay the expense of. There will come a time when medical technology has done all it can do. At that point, God and faith takes over. Let’s keep the government and the government’s death panels out of it because they are not needed in a society of free, hard working people with faith in God. When one reaches the point where “pulling the plug” is necessary (and that point will eventually be reached by all of us), all we need are physical resources, a willingness to work hard for the needed resources, and faith in God to ascetain the point of diminishing returns. We don’t need freedom-destroying government panels or Obamacare to find it.

16. chickief1 says:

We have that now, it's called medical review. When my father was diagnosed with Cancer in '94 after surgery and chemo, he was in and out of the hospital for 2 additional years. His Oncologist asked a family rep to be present at this "review", I was elected. I sat through a review of my fathers medical status, presented by all the medical professionals that were involved in his treatment, in cold hard medical language, Dad was presented as a 78 y/o male with colon CA that had spread to his stomach and liver, lungs and other parts. It was the facts man, just the facts and the prognosis for recovery, none. Dad was treated with TLC by professional people that we grew to love and that loved him.

17. Medicare is already broke. So is the U. S. Government. As I never wanted a defunk bank managing my finances, I don’t want a broke government that is trillions of dollars in debt managing any part of my healthcare. I’d rather depend on my on hard work, my ability to save and plan, and my faith in God to ascertain the limit of the best of the healthcare industry, my ability to pay for it, my God-given wisdom to know when the end is near, and my faith ia a loving god to know the difference. It is much better to have a God-fearing, humble physician of my own choosing to help me attain sufficient wisdom to know the difference than any government “death panel” set up under Obamacare.

18. If we let these old people live then we let unborn children be born…how can we give free healthcare to all the illegals who vote for me?..Do you think I don't know what I'm doing…now get back to work..

19. Patriot1776 says:

It is one thing to have involved medical professionals making decisions based on the factors of the patient in their care. It is another thing to have a government board with unknown credentials making decisions on a case number somewhere in some government facility. Also, the hospital had a representative of the family present, obamacare won't be that personal.

20. I will pay for my own ,screw ODUMBA !!!!!!!!!

21. ODUMBA and thugs can have me after I run out of ammo. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

22. Bob Marshall says:

Should we be concerned that Mitt Romney said he would keep part of Obamacare if he is elected? As devastating as Obamacare is under the Romney/Rand Plan the families of someone in a nursing home and under Medicaid would be required to pay as well as what Medicaid pays for their services. When Obama took $706 billion from Medicaid to fund Obamacare it is no wonder Medicaid will soon be broke. When i think of the $5 trillion Obama has added to the national debt in just four years while it took Bush eight to accomplish the same thing and it cost $1.2 trillion to get Osama Bin Laden what all of this money could have done to save Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid i see red. Osama Bin laden was surviving because of a kidney dialysis machine. How much longer would his old man lasted?The CIA had many opportunities to get him since not only talked with him but knew his where abouts. He was more beneficial alive than dead. Revenge is a powerful motivator. When on Sept. 10, 2001 the day before 9/11 when Donald Rumsfield announced that the Pentagon could not account for $2.3 trillion there was not one word from the public once it was announced on CBS. in 2007 Zbigniew Brzezinski told the U.S. senate that the "War on terror' was a "mythical historical narrative," or in other words a complete fiction. " Military men are just dumb stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy." Henry Kissinger. "America buys war like children gobble candy." Henry Kissinger. These two men have been foreign policy advisors since the early 70's.

23. Yea I seen the movie "Soylent Green" many years ago , a good Charston Heston movie !!!!!!!!!!

24. robin saunders says:

THOU SHALT NOT KILL…When God's word is not the ultimate, this nation is on a course of national suicide.

25. The Barrack Obama supporters will agree with this because he is a Rock Star but when they are told they will have to take less care because we can't afford it they will then complain about it. As long as they are not affected they will stand behind Obama but when they are confronted with the Death Panel they will then stamp there feet and say I supported Obama and they should not have to go by the same rules as Obama makes for those that did not support Obama..

26. Erik Osbun says:

Only under Obamacare would there be rationing. Remove health care from the government clutches and there would be no rationing. Simple conclusion: government denies health care.

27. Hole in the ground? Not likely, unless someone has thousands of dollars to put you there. Most families today do not come together for a loved one like in the past. There is no respect for the elders as they say, so if you drank the kool-aid of the past (Social Security) you will love this flavor! Just think, if our government had not robbed the Social Security TRUST fund, we probably would not be having this conversation now.

28. there will be more than death panels, there will be a rebellion, there will be alot of deaths, like you have ever seen in your life. take it to the bank.. bet the farm

29. There was another story of a gray-haired lady going to the county for assistance with her winter heating bill, now that so many oldsters have had their retirements wiped out. The bureaucrat looks at her power bill and says "We hate it when seniors come here looking for assistance." The lady asks "Why is that?" and the bureaucrat responds, "Because they all have such a sense of entitlement!" The only "entitled" people I see anymore are the government employees with their inflated salaries, perks and pensions draining all the prosperity from the real wealth producers.

But the joke's going to be on them, because Wall Street stole their retirement too!

30. Elizabeth says:

Stan you are so right family and friends both does not show up but I know one who will be right there when my time comes it is the only one I care to be there and that is JESUS CHRIST one thing I truly know it want be long before he comes for his children. God Bless you & yours and GOD BLESS AMERICA Land that I love stand beside her and guide her and GOD BLESS ISRAEL

31. Here's something no one has mentioned about Medicare – seniors (most) paid for it throughout their working lives – the government is now using it for other purposes, just like SS. We earned it, the politicians spent it. Disgusting. Obamacare is a power grab, having absolutely nothing to do with healthcare.
    Perhaps those death panels should award care based upon a person's contribution to society, rather than age. Sure would get rid of a lot of democrats.
    Real heathcare reform will get rid of HIPPA, include tort reform (which will get malpractice insurance premiums down, along with all the unnecessary tests the doctors perform for CYA), and encourage people, especially seniors, to adopt a healthier lifestyle. I am a 68 year old personal trainer, so I know that most seniors don't think they should take care of themselves, they fell its a doctor's responsibility. BO care will scare the H out of them.

32. starsnstripes says:

Social Security was never designed to be enough to live on. We are still responsible for ourselves. Don’t get me wrong, I can’t stand obumble.

33. Why haven't you posted my earlier comments??!!

gekruckeberg.com

34. We are given a gift from obama.. A health care plan that we will be forced to buy and fined if we don't, Signed by a president who smokes or used to with funding administered by a Treasury chief who did'ent pay his taxes,from a goverment who has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen from a surgen general who is obese, and financed by a country that is broke..

35. I wouldn't be surprised if they're going to head for the "soilent green" solution, so that the cemeteries aren't overcrowded too fast. Whether it's used to feed people or livestock would be the next question. Never know with BO if he gets back into office, and if he does it'll be MORE than "4 more years".

36. Too bad that BO if he gets back in and gets his way will outlaw your preacher.

37. Yeah….beat me to it. The "soilent green" solution. Except I think BO would use it for food to feed his minions on food stamps, or to livestock.

38. Me too!! heh.

39. It'll be MORE than 4 if he gets in again. BO can also have my guns ammo first one round at a time.

40. I know first hand about the crappy British NHS. Dead mother in law because they couldn't figure out what kind of abdominal cancer she had and by the time they effed around and figured it out, she was too weak to operate on. Father in law had two heart attacks 30 years ago and contracted angina. Instead of letting him have a bypass, they gave him a prescription of nitro pills and told him to have a shot of whiskey at bedtime. 2 years ago had another heart attack and finally after 30 years the British government "let" him have the bypass. It was all due to "costs to the government". I love the UK….but their socialized medicine sucks.

41. Sorry to hear about those things. Of course the guy didn't speak to the quality of the care for the elderly.

But I am thinking in macroeconomic terms, and decades down the road. The Death Panels will rob us of the opportunity to see things get better over time in terms of efficiency, innovation, and lower cost. An ex-Soviet could tell you about how this works. The Brits are too bloody blind and proud to see it.

42. Yes, and if Pearly Sweetcakes complains that her grandpa got the death panel, she will be told that it is all George W. Bush's fault, or the fault of white Republicans' however, when they have all been hunted down with drones, these "problems" will no longer occur.

43. I wish Obama and his entire administration thought like the English. They would have "gone their way" years ago, because they have never been of any use to anybody.

44. What's the difference between a man too poor to buy healthcare dying, and a man with Obamacare dying?

The man on Obamacare has to pay good money in taxes for 50 years to be told he was useless and marked for death. The man with no health insurance gets the same "care," but for free.

This is all about greed, power, and money. And the Democrats can take full repsonsibility for it, because NO Republican would vote for it.

45. Elizabeth says:

Robin Amen you are right it looks like he is the pure devil and no other president ever got by doing all he has done,I have been a Democrate most of my life and the very first time I saw him on Cable God told me he wasn't who he said he was and I changed my Voting preference that day and since his race wanted a first black president he got in all I can say is God have Mercy on his children and our troops that ugly leader in IRAN is killing every American over there and he also said after the election the big White Satan and ISRAEL will be destroyed they call us satan we do not go and blow people up like they do,I am praying for our troops to come home we have lost enough in that dang country we all need to start praying and asking God to cover us from this evil mess

46. Elizabeth says:

Obama took over 800,000 out of medicare to start Obamacare plus Obama isn't going to let our troops vote this year

47. Actually that is a great idea, I am a pilot and you can not imagine the WASTE of good land. I see many golf courses being turned into plots lately , It is absolutely sickening to see. and all those corpses filled with chemicals FOR WHAT? I for one will be cremated and not continue to take up space after I am gone. Add to that the WASTE of good money and duiy family feels to take care of your plot. NO NOT FOR ME! it is the very worst in big business.

48. YOU GO GUY!!! great post, he has to GO!

49. robin saunders says:

Food for thought…Will you be saying goodbye next to friends and family?