Home / Spending Us Blind / Kenya Gets Free Navy Seal Boats. Why?

Kenya Gets Free Navy Seal Boats. Why?

Written by Gary North on June 20, 2012

The government of Kenya is going to receive a gift from the Obama Administration: five top-of-the-line Navy Seal boats.

Why? Nobody seems to know.

With a $1.3 trillion deficit every year, little things like this barely get noticed. They add up.

The winner is the contractor:  United States Marine Incorporated (USMI) of Gulfport, Miss.

These boats are described by the Navy’s “Fact File” as “High-speed, high-buoyancy, extreme-weather craft with the primary mission of SEAL insertion/extraction.”

What does Kenya plan to do with these boats? And why should American taxpayers pay for them?

These are turbocharged boats. They are 36 feet long. They carry a crew of three, plus one SEAL squad. Each one carries an M60 7.62mm machine gun, a MK19 40mm, and a M2 .50 cal. machine gun.

Who will be the targets of such firepower? in Kenya? Nobody seems to know.

How much will all this cost? No one is saying.

The contract is being awarded on a non-competitive basis. No other bids, in other words.

The taxpayers are expected to ignore things like this, which they do. Stories like this rarely reach the attention of the voters. What can voters do about it? As we have learned for the last 65 years: nothing.

The spending never reverses. It heads up every year.

Continue Reading on www.tradeaidmonitor.com

24 thoughts on “Kenya Gets Free Navy Seal Boats. Why?

1. Because Kenya is Obama birth country. Got to help your country. i CAN'T STAND OBAMA'S FACE OR VOICE ANY LONGER.

2. jennyp63 says:

Ditto your statement. It started out that I couldn't bear to see or hear him. Now, when I hear that irritating stacato speech style of his, my stomach knots up. I guess it is fair to say that he actually makes me physically ill. The worst part is that I can't do anything about it, and those who can, ignore the entire matter! It is so frustrating!

3. Jenny I agree whole heartedly. Does anyone except me puke when I see his face, hear his voice or read about crap like this?

4. William Tracy says:

YES!! I think most of Americans are sick and tired of this same bull. I am also tired of seeing his dumb wife that spends money like she has a printing press downstairs.. OH she does, it's called the FED. RESERVE. We ned to get the complete bunch out of Washington, that includes all republicans that keep voting for his garbage. I say send him to FEDERAL PRISON and repeal all of his stupid laws and exectutive orders. GOD BLESS AMERICA !!!

5. 2WarAbnVet says:

It is part of Obama's actual Homeland Security.

6. LibertyLouis says:

You CAN do something! Congress REACTS in our favor when we CALL and Shutdown the Capitol's Switchboard which has been done during Obama's time. So get with it PEOPLE! Place Your Senators and Reps phone numbers in Your Cell Phone, keep up what Bills they are voting on and when- FIRST understand which way they should VOTE – Then Call and tell them so or They will be fired! (Of course we must FIRE ALL of them anyway! )
    TODAY, (Wed. June 20th), PLEASE CALL and Tell YOUR SENATORS to VOTE "YES" for S. J. Res. 37. to STOP OBAMA's
    WAR on COAL!
    Also you can find info on the following Sites about calling and for what: http://www.meetup.com/The-Greater-New-Orleans-Tea-Party/ (VOTED in TOP TEN Tea Parties in the U.S. – GREAT Researchers). Hertiage Foundation Website and the Drudge Report. PLEASE STAND UNITED and CALL, EMAIL and RALLY with YOUR Tea Parties – GET Involoved for 4 to 6 hours per month. More if you can. Every little bit helps.

7. This SEAL boats are just the latest in a series of programs launched and gifts given to Kenya. See "Kenya Sees Spike in Obama Administration-Funded Projects" http://www.tradeaidmonitor.com/2012/04/kenya-sees

8. LibertyLouis says:

I just called USMI (contactor in Miss) and was told by Barry (sounded very down-to earth and truthful) that the REAL STORY is, A Kenya Navy Seal with the US Embassy requested for the Boats to Fight the "Pirates' nearby but First of all this all happen a while back, Second: the Funds were eaten up – so Gary North's story is NOT TRUE. I called before putting this Story out to everyone I know becasuse I find that Gary North and 'The Tea Party Econmist (actually Gary North himself – one in the same), do NOT put out the TRUTH. BEWARE PEOPLE. I've had it with Untrue stuff and UNTrue Facts and will be unsubscribing TODAY. This is the 3rd time I find a Story Blown out of proportion and NOT TRUE.

9. The only problem to getting Congress to act against Obama is Harry Reid. He controls the Senate; if Harry Reid doesn't want something voted on in the Senate, he prevents it from ever reaching the floor the Senate. If the House of Representatives voted for impeachment, the trial can't go forward in the Senate because of that sour,evil, old man Reid will block it. Why do you think the Senate has not passed a budget for four years: Harry Reid.

10. Elaine DiAntonio says:

I HEAR YOU! AND I HOPE AMERICA HEARS IT IN NOVEMBER-THE MAN IS A FILTHY, CHEATING, LYING, DISHONEST (PROBABLY ILLEGAL ALIEN) CRIMINAL! WHAT DOES THE LAMESTREAM MEDIA HAVE TINGLES UP THEIR LEGS ABOUT HIM FOR? HE'S DOING IT TO EVERYONE-INCLUDING THEM-JUST USING HIS OFFICE AND THIS COUNTRY FOR HIS GAIN. nOW THE MEDIA RESORTS TO PLAYING CERTAIN PORTIONS OF CLIPS TO MAKE THE CONSERVATIVES LOOK FOOLISH-BUT THEY ARE THE REAL FOOLS IN THE END! I HAVE NO RESPECT FOR NOT ONE OF THE GARBAGE BAGS AND THEIR LIBERAL SPEWING-EVERY ONE OF THEM IS A FILTHY LIAR OR JUST PLAIN TOO DUMB TO SEE THE REAL PICTURE! THEY CALL US TO ASK FOR SUPPORT FOR THIS PIECE OF SCUM? I WOULDN'T GIVE HIM HE TIME OF DAY!

11. Elaine DiAntonio says:

Big freaking deal-hooray for you. So-o wonderful, one out of how many scams this idiot has pulled on this country isn't true-isn't that SPECIAL!!! Let's all send you a gold star-since you're such a great detective-thank you-now tell us about the ones that are true! I bet you'd be too old to enunciate if you started that!

12. So, let me get this straight; a guy named Gary, who "sounded very down-to-earth and truthful," said a "Kenya Navy Seal with the US Embassy" requested the boats? How does that refute Mr. North's explanation of what U.S. Trade & Aid Monitor originally reported? Oh, that's right; it does not refute it.

Here is the link to the original government announcement for the boat transfer to Kenya: https://www.fbo.gov/?s=opportunity&mode=form&…

Any further questions Liberty Louis? Didn't think so.

13. A guy named "Barry," I meant to write, not Gary. While I'm at it, Liberty Louis, was it Barry Dreyfus you spoke to, CEO of the company, donor of $100,000 to political campaigns over the past 15 years as the source article points out?

14. I find listening to his speeches or seeing his face to e a cheap effective cure for constipation, but prolonged exposure tends to result in diareah and uncontrolable nausea.

15. DoctorBob says:

Obama seems to have a very confused mind. His FIRST obligation is to the well-being of the American people!!!! His LAST obligation is to other countries!!! This is our tax money he's doling out like Santa Claus, all while he's screwing America! Military boats??? Exactly HOW does that benefit the ordinary Kenyan citizen? Has Kenya been attacked by the Spanish Armada lately? Did I miss Imperial Japanese Navy battleships off the coast of Kenya? This is Obama building up the strength of President Mwai Kibaki (but, at least he's not a Muslim!) Did I mention he's doing it with OUR money, not HIS? Kenya's problems are KENYA'S problems. We have MORE than enough problems here in America that Obama is making WORSE, not better. Clearly Obama MUST GO! November 6 can't possibly come fast enough for me!

16. Joanne Long says:

Neither can I and I get sick when he starts his holier than thou attidute and lectures us. I only can say who in the world falls for this and who and why do others enjoy being put down?

17. Obama's brother lives in Kenya with his several wives and is some sort of village leader. I don't know if he still has a website to collect funds in memory of his father Barack Sr. He was unregistered for a while, however he applied for permission to seek funds in the USA, and received permission in a very short time. It was reported funds were to be sent to a mail drop in Virginia, and were picked up by a person or persons unknown. Maybe he received the expedited permission .because it's been reported he also has a US Social Security Number.

18. Thanks Steve, I went to the site you listed and sure enough it was dated May 2012. Liberty Louis is probably a Soros worker using the net to debunk any posts unfavorable to Obummer. They are like cockroaches all over the net and like working on the dark side.

19. Jerri Lynn Ward says:

Hush money?

20. So Gary, how much do you think this Chicago mafia criminal is going to get as a kickback? He has to spend all he can, to achieve his agenda of fundamental change. We have had some really bad Presidents, but in my 75 years, I haven't seen one that hated America as much as this guy does.

21. jim28threg. says:

I believe all America is sick and tired of this entire administration. I also believe all of them should be tried for treason and executed along with those that have backed /aided them. But to the point here.
    I believe the abomination is laying the ground work for his leisure time after he's nolonger effectively guarded here.IF HIS HANDELERS allow him to live past the upcoming election as he thinks they will (I don't) I believe he'll flee back to Kenya and when he gets there he'll have these toys to play with or at least a couple of them. He's not entirely dumb just repulsive. Sort of like keeping a dead rat under your bed,you can smell the his corruption all around the world.

22. Mike Hunter says:

The U.S. has been coordinating with Kenyan forces to help them fight Al Shabaab in Somalia for quite a while now. They’re a hardline Islamist group, and the last thing we need is them taking over Somalia and setting up training camps.

Say what you will about Obama but his record regarding national security is outstanding. I the cost of these boats pales in comparison to even 1 cruise missile. How many cruise missiles did Bush launch in the first 14 days of the Iraq war? I can assure you it was a a lot, I was there.

23. We told the president that he was full of it.
    We told the president to pack his things and git.
    And he said,

I'm the Chosen One
    I dropped down from heaven.
    I'm the Chosen Oone, I dropped from heaven, ha, ha.

24. DEFEATOBAMAIN2012 says:

The more poor people in Kenya will be murdered….thanks to obama's long arm regime.