Home / Civil Rights / 6 Maryland State Troopers Club and Taser to Death a Diabetic Architect; 46 Others Watch

Written by Gary North on June 12, 2012

A total of 52 officers responded to the scene of a car crash. The driver was a diabetic architect who had suffered an attack: diaberic shock.

He was pepper sprayed, then clubbed, and finally tasered to death in front of his wife.

You might think it would take only 40 officers to subdue him. Possibly 30 would have sufficed. But this is Baltimore County. The threat to life and limb of officers is just too great. It took 52 of them.

Civil libertarians might think that this was a case of overkill — literally. But they do not live in Baltimore County, where the life of a highway patrolman is living hell, what with diabetics driving around loose.

These are savage times. Savage times call for strong measures.

If they had known the couple was returning from a Bible study, 70 or 80 would have responded. This kind of threat must not be taken lightly.

In earlier, more innocent days, the first trooper to arrive would have taken the man to a hospital. But that was then. This is now. First, start with pepper sprtay when he rolls down the car window. If he gets out of the car club him. Is he refuses to get back into the car, it’s taser time. That will do the trick. Usually.

If not, do it again until he stops moving.

The widow is suing the police department, which defenders of Maryland’s finest regard as a lack of gratitude for keeping the streets of Baltimore County safe.

For all we know, she is making this up.

A jury will decide.

Juries are good things. They restore authority to citizens.

Continue Reading on jonathanturley.org

32 thoughts on “6 Maryland State Troopers Club and Taser to Death a Diabetic Architect; 46 Others Watch

1. Maryland is too close to Holder's home office.

The gestapo tactics have trickled down.

2. Is't this state the same one that arested a tea party member and made her life a living hell just because she belonged to the tea party. Protect and serve or beat and taser. If the SHTF which I hope it does only so WE THE PEOPLE can rid our nation of this scum from small town to the white house. Run and hide all you want scum. We will find you from the smell of crap.

3. Indiana First State to Allow Citizens to Shoot Law Enforcement Officers…  and some people are actually wondering why?

4. When I was a child, I was taught that policemen were our friends, someone we could trun to for protection. Now daily we hear of abuse caused by policemen. It seems they are more in love with their "non-lethal" toys. I understand the danger they are placed in while doing their job, but it seems they have discarded common sense in response to even the least provocation. Pepper spray in the face, clubbing, and tasing for a traffic accident was excessive. But, in all incidents of this abuse, the powers to be will find it justifiable. The widow is right to sue and I hope she wins the case.

5. And THESE are the same people that tell us we're safer WITHOUT our guns and that we should turn over said guns to these same people so, only RESPONSIBLE people will have GUNS (oh, and criminals). Makes me want to move to Indiana. At least they understand WHY we have a second amendment.

6. My respect for police in general has slowly disintegrated over the last 20 years. There are still officers that would give you their shirt off their back, but they are hard to find.
    10 years ago I was falsely arrested for DUI in a neighboring town, hauled away to the station, finally given a breathalizer, shows 0.00, charges are reversed, my crime, turning right on a no turn on red in an area I was unfamiliar with at 11:30 PM picking up my daughter from a friends house. My daughters have been pulled over a number of times at night, and every time the same old crap from the cop "I smell alcohol". Nothing ever found, just the same old BS. Most of these "grossly overpaid" jerks are looking for a violation to get you in the system and screw you out of as much money as possible.
    Cops do have a tough job, but they know what their getting into when they accept. These guys that have been around for 10 years or more make as much money as a small business president, have better benefits, and can collect pensions after 20 or 25 years.
    I look back at the DARE programs our kids attended in grammar school. It was all BS looking back. More bureaucrats, more control, more lack of personal freedom, a police state in the making. I do not promote drugs or alcohol but with today's technology and goofy laws you are guilty until proven innocent.
    What has happened to officer friendly from years ago, does he even exist. It's all about money and power.
    I have been a block captain for almost 30 years and have a difficult time dealing with the changes I have seen. Am I just getting old and cynical or has my age provided me with wisdom in analyzing what is happening before my very eyes?

7. Please join me in boycotting Maryland. They will get zero vacation dollars from me, a fellow diabetic. I want to live.

8. Eash and everyone of the troopers involved need to be fired and put in prison [gen pop] for murder.

9. MAYBE EVERYONE IN MARYLAND SHOULD MOVE AND THEN NO ONE WOULD PAY TAXES TO PAY THESE PIGS,,,,

10. This is the result affirmative action and other liberal, social, catastrophic programs. That lowers the standards for hiring police officers. pretty soon we'll see welcoming signs to Maryland that will say" Welcome to Maryand, Please Drive Gently" or we'll beat the $#!t out of you.

11. More and more cops nation wide are murdering people.
    This is done with the approval of the Senate & Congress.

12. I think they are hiring this violent personality type on purpose, think martial law.
    Hilter chose this type also.

13. Proud to be born in Maryland, but I am glad I have lived in Arizona since 1979. We have Arpiro, yeah. No matter your color, if you don't belong here you are sent home (citizens for the dumbass who want to start shi-). I'm sure it is headed this way if not already here. Sucks

14. No…. then the idiots who vote to approve this kind of behavior will move to more normal states and screw us up as well! No thanks… keep the idiots in one place, at least we know where they are and how to avoid them.

15. If you vote for a lib and this happens to you, you deserve it! Sure ovomit is proud of this. Holder is saying, what good officers they need a raise.

16. FRENCHIE says:

MAN, THIS IS BULLS#!T !!! COPS NEED TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR KILLING INNOCENT PEOPLE. I MEAN, BEATEN TO DEATH FOR A DUMBASS TRAFFIC ACCIDENT ? C'MON, MAN. GUESS THEY WERE PISSED ABOUT BEING CALLED AWAY FROM THE LOCAL CONVENIENCE STORE'S DONUT COUNTER BEFORE THEY COULD "SEAL THE DEAL" WITH THE 21 YEAR OLD CLERK WITH THE BRACES & PIGTAILS TO RESPOND TO SOME CAR CRASH. THEN, BEING THE BIG, TOUGH LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIALS THEY ARE, THEY HAD TO TEACH THIS NASTY LITTLE CAR CRASHER A LESSON & SET AN EXAMPLE FOR THE REST OF THE SHEEP. I GUESS THE MESSAGE IS – IF YOU CAUSE A WRECK IN MARYLAND, YOU BETTER HOPE YOU DIE IN THE CRASH OR WE'LL EXECUTE YOU ON THE SPOT !!! NATURALLY, NOTHING WILL HAPPEN TO THESE COPS OVER THIS. THEIR UNION WON'T STAND FOR IT & THE CITY, COUNTY, OR STATE WON'T WANT TO PAY THE WIDOW FOR THEIR STUPIDITY.CHRIST, WHERE DOES IT END ? NO WAIT, DON'T ANSWER THAT…I'M NOT SURE I REALLY WANT TO KNOW. WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE AMERICA I GREW UP IN ? I CAN TELL YOU ONE THING FOR SURE, THIS AIN'T IT NO MORE !!!!!!!!!

17. The sorry part of the lawsuit is that not one of the 52 police responsible will pay a dime if she wins, the money will come from taxes paid by the people living within the jurisdiction.

18. Daniel from TN says:

The officers in this situation should face murder charges. If the local district attorney's office will not file charges then a writ of mandamus should be obtained and the local DA's office recused from prosecuting.
    Side Note. California officers have a procedure they use in this type of situation, called the SWARM tactic. Several police officers grab the person, wrestle him/her to the ground and just hold the person on the ground until handcuffed and/or sedated by medical personnel. Deadly force is used ONLY as a last resort. It is time this technique was taught to police officers in Baltimore County.

19. […] amazing tale from The Teaparty Economist: A total of 52 officers responded to the scene of a car crash. The driver was a diabetic architect […]

20. 99 percent of LEO are good people I've served with some. It seems to me that sine 9II alot of cops moved up into jobs with more responsibility FBI, CIA, Homeland Security, DEA & so on. and with the anti terrorism money pouring into citys as cop joined the military and went over seas or were called up into the reserves and guard, leaving the police forces here in the U.S. short there was a rush to hire more Police officers to fill those gaps and increase security at key areas. Now the bottom has dropped out and citys are trying to reduce the total number of first responders, But a lot of people were hired that may have been rushed through training,People who when they put the uniform on there egos go through the roof. Plus there are those trying to justify there being retained. Ether way there are a lot of reasons. But LEO are for the most part good people by and large just like You and me, and they support the right of citizens to protect themselves, most openly, others depending on there Dept. can't openly give such opinions, while in uniform at least. for they are Citizens as well. And so are there spouses and Children. Think before You speak. I am not a LEO.

21. That's why CRIMINAL charges need to be brought, not civil. Civil charges in a case like this are BS.

22. What, and spoil all their fun???

23. LCRonMar says:

Also in this issue of the site is a story about Indiana passing a law allowing citizens to protect themselves by use of deadly force if and when rogue cops attack them. And people commenting on that story lament the new law and challenge its necessity. Let's hope one of the opponents of the law does not have a diabetic or asthma attack, get stung by a bee or ant and have an allergic reaction or put too much black pepper on their vegetarian salad.

24. That 90% may pertain to LEOs on a national scale, but in singular localities, that number just doesn't add up. If 52 officers stood by while 6 of their finest bludgeoned, tazed, and sprayed a man to death, seems to me that 90% of that police unit is corrupt. Given that, they are NOT like you, me, or any other law-abiding citizen—they are paid felons and are more like the 'hit men' of some mafia organization. Baltimore LEO is out en masse to show just how "tough" they are so their agency isn't caught up in the reduction of ranks. And what better way to prove that toughness–assault and resultant murder of an innocent person who was in need of medical attention; great for brownie buttons at the expense of the citizens and so much safer for the LEOs as opposed to getting out there and tracking down the REAL criminals. And the saddest part of all: Baltimore will keep these felons on the payroll with not one being charged with murder in the first degree–or any other criminal charge. I wouldn't spend a nickle in that whole State since they can't clean up their act and obviously condone LEO murders.

25. There is just too much of this sort of thing going on nationally–no State, it seems, is immune from the bullying LEOs. Concerned citizens need to do something via townhall meetings, etc. There is no justifiable reason for local LE offices to hire the dredges of society and hand them a badge just so they can commit random acts of murder–may even inclulde rape and robberies as well. If anyone in the personnel section of an LE administration is reading the above articles and the comments against you, understand it is a matter of public trust. If you violate that trust, it is difficult for LE to operate within the community—why let corrupt units like the one in Maryland exist? I don't really trust LEOs these days—thanks for the bullying in our neighborhoods and cuffing the wrong suspect time after time.

26. SGT US ARMY says:

if this happened to a black , we would have riots in the streets, but to a any other then a black, who cares, right?

27. "The widow is suing the police department,"

But not the goons and their paymasters directly? This is troubling. If she wins, the goons and their paymasters will merely pass the bill on to tax payers, among whom is included the widow.

It's by the way that "TASER International, Inc. (TASR) today [12th June, 2012] announced two significant TASER® X2™ electronic control device (ECD) orders by the Oregon State Police and the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department."

28. catchesthewnd says:

It is stories like this that shames me to be a retired Md police officer. This and other reasons are why I am a Md expatriot.

29. catchesthewnd says:

It used to be cops found out if there was a problem with the driver before proceeding. Sadly those were the old days.

30. It seems a simple solution that should prevent similar tragedies in the future would be for all fifty states (plus The Fraud’s seven imagined ones, of course) to provide window placards or special license plates that indicate the driver has some medical condition which may have symptoms that mimic inebriation.

I suppose cops and their union reps would lobby vigorously against it, though. Based on what I’ve been reading lately, they don’t like it when their “license to kill” is messed with.

31. I was trying to get to the hospital in 2000 with my sugar level approaching 760(I did not know at that time that I was diabetic) when an idiot wearing state polceman uniform of illustrious state of Massachussets stoped me, refused to study med. evacuation airplane ticket issued by Lufthansa, drew a pistol at me when I tried to go pee at the tree line of rte 2, and after being satisfied with God knows what(even after I repeatedly mumbled out "I need to get to the hospital!!)gave me a ticket for $280 and promptly left. It took illustrious courts of the said state another 3 years to finally void the ticket. I might add that i was stopped at 2;30PM and arrived in a hospital 15miles away at 8:30PM. Till today I wonder where was I all that time driving around on rte2, but with this latest incident I consider myself blessed that the policeman forgot his taser that day.

32. Maryland needs a law like the one passed in Indiana that allows the victim to shoot the police who act illegally.