Home / New World Order / U.S. Army Manual for Internment Camps

U.S. Army Manual for Internment Camps

Written by Gary North on May 4, 2012

The acronym I/R is military jargon for internment and relocation. The U.S. Army in 2010 produced a manual in I/R for the Military Police. It has been leaked.

It is designed for control in Third World nations. If taken at face value, this means that the Army expects to have troops stationed permanently all over the world. It therefore assumes that the United States government will serve as the Third World’s police force. This will have to be financed by American taxpayers. This is the best light that we can shine on it.

At worst, these techniques will be implemented inside the United States. That would require the repeal of the Posse Comitatis Act of 1878. That law ended the Republicans’ Reconstruction program in the South. There are exclusions to this law. The main exclusion appears in the NDAA of 2011: the National Defense Appropriation Act. A handful of Senators tried to get a clause passed to limit detention of Americans, but they failed.

The manual says this:

Military police are uniquely qualified to perform the full range of I/R operations. They have the requisite skill sets provided through specific training and operational experience. The skills necessary for performing confinement operations for U.S. military prisoners in permanent facilities are directly transferable and adaptable for tactical confinement of U.S. military prisoners and detention of detainees. All military police units are specifically manned, equipped, and trained to perform I/R operations across the spectrum and those identified as I/R units are the specialists within the Army for this role (p. viii).

It goes on to describe what the Army will face in its worldwide occupation of Third World nations. The Introduction spells it out.

I/R operations facilitate the ability to conduct rapid and decisive combat operations; deter, mitigate, and defeat threats to populations that may result in conflict; reverse conditions of human suffering; and build the capacity of a foreign government to effectively care for and govern its population. This includes capabilities to conduct shaping operations across the spectrum of military operations to mitigate and defeat the underlying conditions for conflict and counter the core motivations that result in support to criminal, terrorist, insurgent, and other destabilizing groups. I/R operations also include the daily incarceration of U.S. military prisoners at facilities throughout the world.

This manual continues the evolution of the I/R function to support the changing nature of OEs. In light of persistent armed conflict and social turmoil throughout the world, the effects on populations remain a compelling issue. The world population will increase from 6 billion to 9 billion in the next two decades, with 95 percent of the growth occurring in the developing world. By 2030, 60 percent of the world’s population will live in urban areas. Coexisting demographically and ethnically, diverse societies will aggressively compete for limited resources. Typically, overpopulated third world societies suffer from a lack of legitimate and effective enforcement mechanisms, which is generally accepted as one of the cornerstones of a stable society. Stability within a population may eliminate the need for direct military intervention. The goal of military police conducting detainee operations is to provide stability within the population, its institutions, and its infrastructure. In this rapidly changing and dynamic strategic environment, U.S. forces will compete with local populations for the same space, routes, and resources. The modular force’s ability to positively influence and shape the opinions, attitudes, and behaviors of select populations is critical to tactical, operational, and strategic success.

An adaptive enemy will manipulate populations that are hostile to U.S. intent by instigating mass civil disobedience, directing criminal activity, masking their operations in urban and other complex terrain, maintaining an indistinguishable presence through cultural anonymity, and actively seeking the traditional sanctuary of protected areas as defined by the rules of land warfare. Such actions will facilitate the dispersal of threat forces, negate technological overmatches, and degrade targeting opportunities. Commanders will use technology and conduct police intelligence operations to influence and control populations, evacuate detainees and, conclusively, transition rehabilitative and reconciliation operations to other functional agencies. The combat identification of friend, foe, or neutral is used to differentiate combatants from noncombatants and friendly forces from threat forces (p. ix).

These techniques can be implemented anywhere.

There is a reason why this manual could be used for domestic purposes. The reason is here.

Click the link to read the full manual.

Continue Reading on info.publicintelligence.net

51 thoughts on “U.S. Army Manual for Internment Camps

1. […] Would governors call on the U.S. Army to impose martial law? Of course. Does the Army have a field manual on how to do this? Of course. […]

2. Richard Opp says:

These should be referred to as "INTERMENT" Camps!! Does your staff have PROBLEMS with our ENGLISH???

3. […] […]

4. Icorps1970 says:

The military plans for everything imaginable. So I don't get panic stricken over such things.
    But the people need to have plans of their own as well.
    The rank and file American in the Marines or Army is not likely to turn on the general population.
    The upper levels, generals and such I do not trust.

5. Richard Opp: "Interment" would be correct if the occupants of the camp are being buried; otherwise, "internment" is correct.

6. A Murricun says:

Dr. North imputes an expectation of future wars and operations. This is not necessary to explain the plans. As Icorps1970 says, the generals are always revising plans to better carry out missions that the Commander in Chief has given them in the past. There may be some generals or colonels who think in terms of an American empire, but I don’t think even Obama is brash enough to order a coup. My real fear is that the unpatriotic, corrupt pols would attempt a coup.

7. Crackerboy352 says:

Anyone who thinks this manual is for third world countries is out of touch. Try here at home. This is just one more piece of the puzzle. I am not some right wing nut, but find myself saying things that I would have considered coming from a right wing nut five or ten years ago.

8. Bless2live says:

The American people also have a constitution that they will follow! It is the strongest constitution on earth other than God's constitution! America will defend there nation to keep others from destroying her!

9. Mayflower Decendant says:

Same here! And, I'm saying WTF?

10. mrsgunnut10 says:

There is already speculation that there are four (4) Internment Camps set up inside the United States, just for the purpose noted in this Article. The question is : Does ANYBODY know just where they are located. The upper Echelon of Military Officers and Enlisted Non-Commissioned Officers, in most part can be trusted. Some of these, very few, will always want another Promotion, which means more money and prestige. I am retired Air Force and know many retired Military members. None, that I have heard of or from, will turn against the American Citizenry. Any Country, that decides to invade and conquer, these United States had better have one hell of an Army, because it would be the fight of their life. That also includes the "Present Administration and ALL Politicians". Thank you for your time. TSgt., USAF Retired.

11. oldgringo says:

Your assumption is only partially correct…..The majority of US soldiers would not want to fire upon US Citizens…..But like on Kent State Campus it only takes one shot by someone who could care less to commence everyone else to start shootings as well….Don't count on US Soliers not to shoot Civilians…..Such thinking can get your self shot!

12. Bless2live says:

Agree! Remember the Alamo! Davy Crockett. WilliamTravis .Now millions upon millions of Americans!

13. I spent more than 30 years in the U.S. Army. I am a retired officer. I know soldiers and I know their leaders. They are us. They are Americans and Patriots of the first order. Would patriotic Americans shoot Americans? Always an occasional idiot that would, but no, that would not happen. Would they come for yur guns? No. They swore an oath to defend the Constitution from all enemies, foreign AND domestic. The Soviets and Hitler's forces swore an oath to defend the leader. You recall the fall of East Germany and may wonder why their army did not shoot. East German soldiers had a constitution and their oath was to defend it. They were order to shoot, but instead sat down in their barracks.

14. Richard says:

Are these interment camps similar to GW Bush's foreign CIA prisons and Gitmo?

15. Greg Nagley says:

I just got a response from congressman Joe Pitts office regarding my inquiry about where the internment camps are in Pa. and what is their purpose. I was told that there are 4 internment camps in Pennsylvania and they are to be used to house illegal aliens eho break the law! Since the Ovomit administration is not enforcing these laws I said I don’t believe that is their purpose. I was then told that the person could only tell me what they were told by the federal government. I belive one would have to be a natural born moron to believe that these camps are to house illegal aliens!

16. B. Gilbert says:

God, you people really stretch the imagination when reading into things….out come the loonies! You all sound like the conspiracy nuts in the militia movement of the 1990s….recycled paranoia!

17. Strong says:

Really, you've got to wonder. If most of these folks had any true experience with the military, they'd know that DOD has contingency plans for everything. We have war plans for the invasion of Canada, Mexico, Great Britain, etc. I've worked on updating Army regulations (AR), field manuals (FM) and training manuals (TM) and it's just part of the normal cycle of things. Not an MP, but the last time I had seen an POW type military it was severely dated, I'm sure this was just in the normal cycle of rewrites. Most of you shouldn't allow yourself to be jerked all over the map, especially by things you have little knowledge or experience with.

18. NoMoreTaxes says:

Ha! I agree Gary Nagley. So I hear the NEW Military will be THE UNIONS. To get better inform of what is happening and what's going to happen GOOGLE: "Tom DeWeese AGENDA 21". It's in Reference to ONE WORLD ORDER, which WE are ALMOST THERE! It could happen in JUNE or JULY this summer BEFORE Elections. Think NOT, better think again and get informed. Also, I do know of another website that offers a lot of info on AGENDA 21. (I'm NOT a Right-Wing-Nut – Ha! but I like to follow what BOTH sides have to say). Go to one of the TOP TEN Tea Parties selected by WELL RESPECTED Hertiage Foundation for PROOF and TRUTH. When you go to this site, Find and SELECT the "DISCUSSIONS TAB" at the top of Page, then select, AGENDA 21, etc. Go to: http://www.meetup.com/The-Greater-New-Orleans-Tea-Party/ (Also can be found on FACEBOOK).

19. Don't be too sure of this. The military has been enlisting people from all races and religions. They are accepting non-citizens with promises of citizenship after their enlistment is up. Some of these people have absolutely no respect for the USA or our Constitution or the oath they took. I do not doubt for one minute that these people have been placed on a list as being reliable when ordered to attack American citizens. Combined with Louis Farakhan's army of Black Muslims they will have no trouble controlling the large urban cities. It may take them longer to control the rural areas.

20. These interment camps could be for the possible implosion of the Japanese Fukushima #4 nuclear power plant. http://www.naturalnews.com claims that structure could collapse and end mankind?

21. RE: the possible implosion of the Japanese Nuc Plant, there's a link on the Article entiteld" "Smart meters, Terrorist…." Link is at bottom of the page-"continue reading…"

22. @ Bless2live : Our military's Commander-in-Chief viiolates and bypasses the Constitution every day. Only a law abiding government has respect of our Constitution. You see, it is much worse than you thought. But don't worry; I have read the end of the story in the Book of Revelation. Love and obey our Father in Heaven.

23. I think using these camps to round up illegals is a great idea!! heh. They can start wtih MY street here in SoCal. 🙂

24. Actually in some areas of California the Smart Grid which is linked to this article, has been instituted on a presumably experimental basis. It has not had favorable reviews by the people who became a part of it. Their electric rates are doubling and in some cases tripling. Another aspect that I don't think many people have considered before jumping on the Smart Grid bandwagon, is that the Smart Grid, along with the Smart meters people place in their homes to guage and control energy on various appliances, can be controlled by Smart Grid outside their homes.

25. There are plenty of legitimate articles on the internet for the open-minded to research on the Smart Grid along with the article above. The close-minded need not bother. Both this article and the one Gary has linked it to is perhaps only understandable to those who actually research what they read and have at least a clue as to what has been transpiring in this nation on a more daily basis and BETWEEN ELECTIONS. Of note to the close-minded, Galileo was considered a heretic in his time for disagreeing with the populace that the world wasn't flat. Galileo was proven right and the flatheads wrong. It would seem some flatheads are still around and alas, have yet to progress upward through the gene pool..

26. If you are going to control the population to prevent conflict, and you are going to attempt to create a positive atmosphere and image though you are the one doing the detaining, then, first, you need to be told who to detain, which means having the training to separate the sheep from the wolves. (This implies that the left hand follows orders from the right hand and does not ask where the information came from or how it was obtained regarding your 'target market'.) Only then can you begin to counter the negative image previously projected by the detainees. Second, what is your mission following detention? Termination? Quick or slow? If not, the detainees must be pacified and/or reprogrammed and/or relocated. There is much that I can read between the lines, in as much as I am a veteran and know how the military and the government operaate together. This nonsense can only work when the top-most commanders are 'on-board'. As for Posse Comitatus, the government will create an emergency to override Posse Comitatus and then the president will thereafter act using "Executive Orders".

27. Meathead says:

Dick, he spelled it correctly. You're talking about burial…which may be what happened to your dictionary?

28. Donna Tee says:

Some of you may remember that Joplin, Missouri had a very intense tornado which killed 161 people almost a year ago. Of course FEMA was here almost immediately. They brought in hundreds of mobile homes for people to stay in until they could find a house to live in. For probably 6 months they have afterthe persons in the trailers to get out. They are transferring the trailers to Fort Leonard Wood. I have seen pictures of UN tanks and big trucks there. Now tell me the government isn't planning something. Probably before the election in November. Obama has his Presidential Order ready. Scary

29. Actually I am retired from the military after 22 years. I was in the Air Force for four years during the Vietnam War, Air National Guard, Army Reserve Special Forces, and National Guard. As for the internment camps, I have seen a few of them. There is a small one at Marseilles national guard base in Illinois. I did many simulated combat operations there. I walked through that small camp and actually so the evolution of it being built. I jumped at Badger field at Fort McCoy and saw two more internment camps. One on either side of the drop zone. Actually they were fenced off area’s that looked like correctional centers. I have trained with flash bang grenades, and extractions and so forth. I can attest to the fact that we do have Fema camps, concentration camps, and so forth in our country. One question to ask is, “Why are these correctional facilities near, in, or next military installations? Camp Parks, Fort McCoy, Camp Perry, Fort Chaffee, Fort Benning, and others.

30. Heyoka says:

You actually believe a politician?????

I have some land in Florida I'd like to sell you……

31. Heyoka says:

I began the study of all these phenomina 30 years ago. I saw what is going on now then. It is not a difficult task to see the currents and figure out which way the boat will go. After all it has been done since mankind came out of the bush, why would history repeat itself… maybe human nature.

I am also sure the Jews thought the same thing… Denial is an easy thng to acquire you just stick you head in the sand sir.

32. unfortunately you may be right, U.S. officials may be planning interment(bury ) any of we peasants who are not compliant with the Police State(already here) and internment(placed in re-education camps) the rest of the compliant ones.

33. Robert says:

If you liked this article you should check into REX 84. Just google it and it will open your eyes about what FEMA is all about. I believe there is also one called GARDEN PLOT that goes along with it. Anyone recall the video that went viral about all the stockpiling of grave casket liners by the thousands in various locations around the US? Check out youtube and watch it if it's still posted. Something is afoot here and it's not going to be nice. DHS stockpiling hollow point ammo (which by the way is against the Geneva Conventions in rules of war). I guess it doesn't pertain to shooting civilians in cases of social disorder.
    If Obama is elected again, God help us all because nothing will stop him in his 2nd term to do anything he wants.

34. WillytheGeek says:

"illegal aliens" is misspelled it should read political dissident.

35. juswonderin says:

Robert, you stated that the Obama administration, IF re-elected that nothing will stop him in his 2nd term to do anything he wants. I'm of an opinion, that he started doing that long before becoming President. I may be wrong. It has been said that he would have the biggest, best army & I think we're seeing this being established right now. I also think that there are enough military personnel that will be forced to follow the President's orders, regardless of what they are. I'm appalled that so many people will still vote for him again.

36. juswonderin says:

They don't understand or maybe not even care about something like this cuz all they know is to vote in whoever will keep the freebies availability to them. I don't think they understand all the changes that have been made in preparation for the One World Order & I've also noticed that not too many seem to be concerned about it.

37. juswonderin says:

I doI used to think that Alex Jones was an unpatriotic American & scare tactics was hogwash, but strange as it seems, some of the things he spoke about are beginning to show up. I do believe these things will happen with the U.S. military but also with international militaries doing the same thing that the U.S. has been meddling in more countries using OUR military. We really have no business going into other countries & police them. Why are we in Syria, Sudan, Afghan. Iraq & other like countries?? n't know why my post is not being submitted even with just a sentence or two. A notice that it's too long & had to close

38. juswonderin says:

WE certainly DO NOT want international military personnel in the U.S.! However, I think it will happen here. I love my country & it's been bashed & beaten down so much in past administrations & who knows if we'll have it any better with any other President.

39. juswonderin says:

I feel that this is the reason that Obamacare was produced in order to make everyone on Medicare/Medicaid dependent & with the treaty that Hillary & Obama have made with the U.N. & cozying up with Russia was in preparation for this kind of nonsense. They are just waiting for Congress to RATIFY at least 17 new treaties with them. They already have the President's signature on them & IF they are RATIFIED by Congress, we'll then be under the authority of the U.N. & our Constitution will be just the same as blank piece of paper; worthless! I don't know how we could ever stop it.

40. juswonderin says:

You know that the Democrats will ratify it; & I'm not too sure if the Republicans will or not…maybe! Removing our guns are already about to start & then all hell will break loose!! That's usually the first thing they do when a country removes all weapons from people. IF or WHEN we fail to comply, I think that we would be in another American Revolution & I think that's what the U.N. & the U.S. are on to that concept & that may be when the camps will begin to fill up with American citizens & maybe have to send some of us to the foreign country camps. Only God knows for sure; the signs of the times are at our doorstep! NOW, I'm done!

41. Take them Out Richard! Seriously! And if the fool who posted this had seriously READ the manual he would know it wasnt even a true interment camp manual, it's a REFUGEE CAMP OPERATIONS MANUAL. This is for the safe and smooth operations of shelter sights for indigent people who's home have been destroyed by the actions of war. NOT for the interment of possible enemy combatants.

The biggest problem we face is not the risk of malicious actions, or even misinformation, but outright DISINFORMATION which causes paranoid actions on the part of the civillian populus. THAT WILL cause military action against civillians when there would otherwise have been none. It's time for these moronic conspiracy addicts to start paying attention to what they are spreading as gospel truth and stop making shit up, Remember the fable about the boy who cried wolf? When the shit really came down nobody believed a word he said and the flock of sheep were doomed. All these Conspiracy freaks are doing is crying wolf when we need to be diligent and numbing us to their cries.

42. No he did not spell it correctly interment means confinement.

43. This is one of those words that has had it's meaning twisted through mispronuciation over time, Just as Converse is being turned into CONVERSATE by the welfare class…

44. The brass has always had the Citizens asses, They dont take to Politicians telling them how to do things and when to do them. Pentagon level would be more likely to give us the Military Coup that we would need than to listen to the money grubbing politicos who try to use them as puppets they can blame when the politics blow up in their faces. This is who Obama the male gonad licker is pandering to the specific group he is, to create social unrest, in essence using them as his "brownshirts" that he found out he couldnt create by law.

45. Crack, we all are seeing and saying things we dont like, but look to the soviet experiment. You cant lock up a whole population, it's impossible, you can only tale out it's leaders and free thinkers. READ the manual its just about setting up refugee camps. not locking people up…

46. Since when has Infowars ever been able to be verified? answer: NEVER… it's just a PROPAGANDA MACHINE of the Lefts Divide and Conquer Campaign . Create paranoia and distrust and you cant split thee people, split the people and you can controll the smaller groups… Hitler did it Tokyo Rose was Japans tool, Vietnam had multiple versions, The US has used it, It's a tactic as old as war itself.

47. Supply the document or it didnt happen… YES I am callint you a bold faced LIAR, as the camps are 100% ILLEGAL to build on US Soil and no Congressman would admit to their existance if they did exist.

48. THE NWO is ISLAM! they have their own Banks, one world government and religion already in place all they need to do is finish their plan of world domination… OPEN YOUR EYES EARS AND MIND! EDUCATE YOURSELF TO THE TRUTH AND STOP LISTENING TO DISINFORMATION!!!

49. Good post. I certainly love this site. Keep it up!