Home / Debt / Lost Faith: Young and Old Reject the Two Political Parties

Lost Faith: Young and Old Reject the Two Political Parties

Written by Gary North on May 1, 2012

Ron Paul is getting a hearing from young voters and old ones. Both age groups think the two major parties are corrupt.

This is not limited to the United States. Across Europe, the established parties are facing revolts.

This is a prelude to real political change. The voters did not care until it hit their wallets. Now they care. Too late. The politicians ran up the debts. These debts are coming due. No one has a solution.

There is only one solution: the Great Default. It’s coming.

In the meantime, the political parties face defections. Voters have lost faith. They see the politicians as liars, which in fact they are.

Fort 36 years, Ron Paul alone told the truth. That’s why he draws crowds. That’s why the Establishment fears him. He beat the system. He is creating the foundation of a grassroots take-over of the Republican Party.

In Europe, there are nationalist parties. They are not committed to free entereprise. No party in Europe is. So, European voters are stuck.

Here is the situation in Greece.

Mass defections from the ruling parties by the elderly, once their most loyal voters, will lead to a crumbling of support on May 6, pollsters say. About 30 percent of Greece’s 9.85 million strong electorate – 2.8 million – is over 65.

At the other end of the spectrum, legions of young voters are also turning their back on the two parties that have taken turns ruling Greece for the last four decades. About 15 percent of the electorate – 1.4 million – is 18 to 29.

The unemployment rate for Greeks under the age of 25 tops 50 percent. Hordes of young Greeks who have seen their career hopes destroyed by the economic implosion are also expected to turn their backs on ND and PASOK, pollsters say.

There are few jobs. Young people 18-25 face a 50% unemployment rate.

It is the same in Spain.

This is why Europe is a tinder box politically. If the economy sinks, then there will be defections from traditional parties. Gridlock will result. The parliamentary system will prevent orderly government. No one will have a majority. Coalition governments, as in the United Kingdom, will rule. Coalition governments cannot get anything done.

This is what happens at the end of a political tradition. The defections are everywhere. There are no politically viable answers.

Then comes national bankruptcy.

Continue Reading on news.yahoo.com

38 thoughts on “Lost Faith: Young and Old Reject the Two Political Parties

1. Erik Kirschbaum: "There are no politically viable answers."

There never has been under our Constitutional Republic. Libertarian attorney Lysander Spooner (1808-1887) wrote that the Constitution “has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it.” (Lysander Spooner, No Treason, No. 7, The Constitution of No Authority, http://praxeology.net/LS-NT-6.htm#.> ) The reason for this is that framers failed to expressly establish their government upon the only standard that has viable answers – that is, Yahweh's morality as found in His commandments, statutes, and judgments. Instead of creating a government of, by, and for Yahweh, they created a government of, by, and for WE the PEOPLE – a secular and humanistic (as per the Preamble), anti-Christian (as per Article 6), and polytheistic enabling (as per Amendment 1) government.

Find out how much you really know about the Constitution as compared to Yahweh's moral law (His commandments, statutes, and judgments). Take our Constitution Survey at http://www.missiontoisrael.org/constitutionsurvey… and receive a free copy of the "Primer" (an 85 page book, normally $7 plus shipping) of "Bible Law vs. the United States Constitution: The Christian Perspective."

2. billstanley1 says:

I voted for Nixon in 1968. Starting in 1972, I have voted for the Libertarian candidate for president in every election … including Ron Paul in 1988. http://www.newsandopinions.net

3. Jstarusa says:

I was getting tired of voting for the lesser of two evils as it seemed that no candidate was really for "We the people". Including the one we have now.

4. I attended a Republican district convention recently. We heard speech after speech after speech from party leaders and candidates about how important the Constitution, individual freedom, Bill of Rights and the traditional family are.

But the GOP absolutely refuses to even recognize the existence of the ONE candidate who promotes and espouses those values. November is going to be a repeat of '72 with Nixon and McGovern, only this election the McGovern figure is named Mitt Romney.

5. I don't really care what people think…I think I might become a Paulbot.. Romney is just as bad, if not worse than Obama, and the Repukes make me sick now too..

I might be writing in Paul's name..

The Repukes know Obama was born in Kenya, yet fail to do anything about it, thus making them just as corrupt as the idiots who let Obama in the 2008 race.. We need a revolt, bloody or not, or we lose the greatest country the world will ever know…

In the meantime I will be praying that God will hear and answer our prayers and stop these people from cheating us out of our lives..

But, I personally think this is God's biggest test for us.. How much do we love the Lord, our Father who art in heaven…

I think that if we stop this from happening, God might, just might, restore his faith in humanity and not send Jesus down just yet,,, but then again, God knows what is happening as we do not… So I will continue to pray that his sons and daughters remain safe until the day he does send Jesus Christ down for his flock..and he will be coming soon,,

Pray, Pray hard and pray true, but we all need to pray, for with the Lord Almighty we have already lost..

6. I to do not like Romney,I woulod much rather see Ron Poul in Office. However I dont want to throw away my vote. We must get this adminastration out or we all will be sorry.

7. Amazing isn't it? How governments, historically, and most of their subjects wind up endeavoring to live off others. Perhaps it's true, you can't cheat an honest man.

8. robert says:

don,t worry about the media,or any polls they are all bought and paid for by the treasonous trader ovomit,and his band of treaders,we the people by me,haven,t listened to any media in a long long time,we know they are all bought and paid for,and also we don,t listen to any polls they are all liars,we the people by me are all,and i mean everyone i know by me is voting for ron paul,we could care less what the media blacking out ron paul are doing,means nothing to we the people,believe me ron paul is winning big time,why do you think the media is ignoring ron paul,and why the polls never mention ron,again means absoluty nothing to we the peopleby me.and don,t listen to any bloggers bad mouthing ron paul.means nothing.god bless ron paul,sheriff joe and all american veterans and all american citizens.one nation under god

9. kodster says:

Couldn't have said it better myself, Chris. Thank you.

10. Gene Terenzio Sr. says:

PLEASE, Don't get caught up in the media B/S, Jesus Or Ron Paul is our only choice,
    Ron Paul is here already.
    RON PAUL 2012!

11. A wise old high school history teach once said that the goal of the 2 parties is to keep the people fighting with each other. While we fight, they continue to screw us while we're not looking.

12. All i can say is, if you do that and others do it, you might as well "give" the election away to o. I don't particularly like Romney, either; the left has really pushed all of the good candidates out of the running knowing that if the vote is split, they probably win. Even though Romney is not my favorite, I cannot believe he is as bad as o. I pray to God that He will intervene, somehow, and we will have a righteous, Constitution believing president and congress.

13. virginia lange says:

Youy are so right. I would love to vote for ron Paul, the only honest statesman we've had since forever. However, I helped elect clinton by voting for Ross Perot and don't want that to happen again!! Don't want to throw away my vote as you say.

14. mudguy says:

So you wound up voting Clinton then

15. mudguy says:

If you write in Ron Paul that will be a vote for OBAMA.

16. mudguy says:

You are right I am afraid that there are too many Ron Paul supporters that have not learned what you did by voting for Ross Perot.

17. websmith44 says:

Sometimes you have to fight even though you know that you're going to lose.
    Ron Paul 2012!

18. downintx says:

The only problem with this theory is it will split the vote and unfortunately we will be putting Obama back in, only this time it will be more of a dictatorship than it is now. He won't have to worry about running again because there won't be another "again" . Chris, you are sooooo right, this may be God's biggest test for us. I am NOT a Romney fan either but I think just about anyone would be an improvement over Obama.

19. Young and old are the two age groups getting screwed the worst by big government. They are just now wising up.

20. Maxine says:

Dont belive what you here the Rino want Mitten in the white house so they can keep takenare freedom away from us they dont care if Mitten or Ovmit wins they are both alike and will keep doing there dirty deeds So wake up we all need to get behind Ron Paul and push him to the white house and show these scum we will not vote for there pice of crap I will not vote for Mitten or Ovmit I will write in Ron Paul first I am sick of both partys and there lies

21. There is only one litmus test; if the goal YOU seek requires the initiation of FORCE, then YOU are on the wrong side of the issue.

22. Nefertari says:

The only ones doing anything for this country is Ron Paul, sheriff Arpaio, Issa and Orly Taiz. Republicans are sitting with their thumbs up their a…. I have lost all respect for them as I have for the Demos taking away our rights.

23. robert says:

gene you are right on target,we the people by me,haven,t listened to any media in a long long time,and any polls either,we know they are all in bed with the treasonous trader ovomit/lucifer/devil and his band of treasonous traders.we the people by me have know about this pile of camel dung{sorry camel dung}ovomit/lucifer for a long time,a little birdy told us {cia guy} about the treasonous trader ovomit/hitler,his plan his people and his agenda,we were alerted,educated and most importantly prepared for this communist pig,for a while now.god bless ron paul,sheriff joe and cold case posse and all american veterans,and all american citizens.one nation under god

24. Sharon Jeanguenat says:

Unfortunately, by Ron Paul staying in the race, he is helping to re-elect Obama, just as Ross Perot did to the first Mr. Bush.

25. Sharon Jeanguenat says:

And, helping to elect the Democrat nominee by doing so. A vote for anybody other than the main 2 nominees is a vote for the one we don't want.

26. The real reason America is lost, is that Her people have lost their conscience in favor of greed. Voting for the least of two evils is still evil, it just slows down the inevitable. No matter what happens with our current parties there will be no change and we will go further down the toilet unless we separate ourselves form those who will not bring about a lasting true change. Not voting your conscience is an excuse for your secret willingness to see the USA fail. Your fear is realized only when you have no faith in your own conscience. Remember it was Nixon who took us off the Gold Standard, and on and on with those of the Past. Unbelievable debt is either good or bad, and if you don't know the difference, heaven help us all.

27. boomer8 says:

be patient and let's see what happens at the Republican Convention in August. It ain't over.

28. boomer8 says:

had Perot not dropped out first, he would have won!! It's not anything close to being the same.

29. boomer8 says:

it wouldn't have mattered who was President at the time. The Gold Standard would have been removed and Oil would hve still be come a fungible commodity, erasing it's competitive market forces and making it centralized. Kissinger or somebody else would have still been in the machine to pull this garbage off.

30. Great comment! Wow–it's rare to see YHWH's law and Lysander Spooner mentioned in the same post. Thank you for the links!

31. I think I agree with you, Maxine…….however you misspell and misuse so many words that it is hard to follow your meaning. Please use proper punctuation, also. I believe you are so excited that you don't realize how you sound. Just slow down a bit. Love you anyway.

32. I would say read north's book political polytheism ted and he might pretty much agree…also, conspiracy in philly

33. might? only might? why the indescision

34. so is Jesus but he is already the King of Kings, highest possible political position, in this country, therefore we have one choice Ron Paul, period…

35. billstanley1 says:

My vote did not decide the election http://www.newsandopinions.net

36. billstanley1 says:

My vote did not decide the election http://www.newsandopinions.net

37. Bless2live says:

May be the time to ride with Davy Crockett, William Travis and the rest of the Great Americans" soon! The American people are strong and relintless when it comes to there freedoms! They have choose liberty,freedom and happiness and have fought and died for that freedom since America was born July 4, 1776. Today are any other day, is not going to be any different when it comes to defending the Contitution of The United States of America! America has been wronged by this President, this Congress! Tens of millions Americans are standing together telling this attempt of change of America's constitution will not live and spread on to American soil!

38. Wondered if ge has been living under a rock. Yes, Republicans did run it up some, however, Obama snd his senate henchmen plus his “hired guns” such as the department of Justice with Eric Holder at the helm have RECORD Spending for more ways for Obsma to gain control and trying to cause Americans to lose their gun rights. No Way