Home / Foreign Investing / Bureaucratic Lunacy: EU Denies That Water Stops Dehydration

Bureaucratic Lunacy: EU Denies That Water Stops Dehydration

Written by Gary North on November 18, 2011

North’s law of bureaucracy is simple to state: “Eventually, some bureaucrat will follow the rules exactly and do something incomparably silly.”

A fine example of this law is a regulation from the European Union’s bureaucrats that sellers of bottled water are not allowed to claim that their products, made of 100% water, reduce dehydration.

De-hydration = removal of water. Are we agreed. So, if you replace the missing water with water, you reverse de-hydration. Right? Not in Europe. Not any longer. That was then. This is now. We read in the London Telegraph:

EU officials concluded that, following a three-year investigation, there was no evidence to prove the previously undisputed fact.

Producers of bottled water are now forbidden by law from making the claim and will face a two-year jail sentence if they defy the edict, which comes into force in the UK next month.

Margaret Thatcher in 1988 warned her countrymen not to go into the EU. She lost her position as Prime Minister because of this in 1990. She was right. They were wrong.

The EU is about to tighten its grip on national finances. There will probably be a revision of the EU treaties that authorizes the EU to impose sanctions on countries that do not meet the EU’s deficit standards. The European Central Bank will be authorized to buy government bonds of PIIGS nations.

Why? Because the Eurocrats designed a monetary system that has led Europe to the abyss of bad debt. Solution: more bad debt. Big government rewards those who make bad decisions.

If you want to knw what’s coming, have a glass of water when you are thirsty. Then consider the fact that European bottled water does not reverse dehydration.

And never forget: EVIAN spelled backwards is naive.

Continue Reading on www.telegraph.co.uk

17 thoughts on “Bureaucratic Lunacy: EU Denies That Water Stops Dehydration

1. Never noticed before!

EVIAN = NAIVE

Terrific!

2. Anne Hansen says:

Government run amuck coming to our shores soon. Vote republican in 2012. Be a patriot.

3. toosmarttovoteGOP says:

This is the same kind of logic that says lowering taxes will increase revenues, rising global temperatures and melting icecaps and glaciers prove that global warming is a hoax, and that eliminating regulations will create more jobs while leaving us a cleaner environment. Sounds like the tea-baggers are going international.

• Leadbyexample says:

Your comments are too simplistic, so I will try to explain as simply as possible. 1). Lowering taxes doesn't necessarily increase revenues, but what it does do, is it makes businesses more comfortable in re-investing in expansion, in marketing, and people into buying more goods and services. That, my friend, is what increases tax revenues. 2) Temperatures have been known to fluctuate over decades and centuries; yes, that's why it's now P.C. called "Climate Change." The temperatures have been warmer in some areas, but you must remember that we've also had record low temperatures and record snow fall just in the last two years. What the democrats fail to see is that the regulations put in place are asphixiating businesses, and are taxing the poor (like those that do not fly their own small planes.) As far as eliminating regulations, 3) Just read any business paper and read all the businesses that are leaving or have left California because of the high environmental regulations. Hundreds of thousands of people are on food stamps and unemployment because of a regulation which defends a fish the size smaller than your pinkie, and water not being sent to central California. In turn, food prices have skyrocketed. Agriculture, by the way, promotes a high level of oxygen, and consumes carbon monoxides. I plead that you think this through before you dismiss common sense decisions.

• Co-opted Confederate says:

To quote Forrest Gump: "mamma says "stupid is as stupid does". Only a person with a very narrow mind would call himself toosmarttovotegop.(you evidently did not vote or you voted for the Democratic candidate of questionable credentials and even more questionable patriotism). On the other hand I doubt that any self respecting Republican candidate would want your particular vote on any thing even remotely connected to the rational thought process.

4. Harold Clark says:

When you idiots that are so narcistic that they are without the capablity to reason, they think their word is law and the only answer. They think that because they say something

'like water does not hydrate' that its true. We have a narcistic half wit sitting in the white house of the U.S. that thinks he is a dictator and his word is law.

5. stanley biggs says:

Novel idea- Tea party to takeover NWO, buy up the International banks` stocks and "control" the world !!! lol

I am going to buy a share of Bank of Amerika, if Warren Buffet left any !!! lol

6. I do agree with all of the ideas you’ve introduced to your post. They’re really convincing and will certainly work. Still, the posts are too brief for novices. May just you please lengthen them a bit from next time? Thank you for the post.

7. Excellent publish, very informative. I wonder why the opposite experts of this sector don’t notice this. You must continue your writing. I’m confident, you have a great readers’ base already!|What’s Taking place i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have found It positively useful and it has helped me out loads. I hope to contribute & assist other users like its helped me. Great job.

8. Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in truth used to be a enjoyment account it. Glance advanced to more introduced agreeable from you! However, how can we be in contact?

9. wonderful submit, very informative. I ponder why the other experts of this sector don’t notice this. You should proceed your writing. I’m confident, you have a huge readers’ base already!

10. Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was once a entertainment account it. Look complicated to more brought agreeable from you! However, how could we keep up a correspondence?

11. Thanks for some other excellent article. The place else could anybody get that type of information in such a perfect means of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am at the look for such info.

12. It’s actually a cool and useful piece of info. I’m happy that you shared this useful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

13. Thanks for the info. Found this page on google page 1 and it’s really helpful.

14. Hi, i think that i noticed you visited my website thus i got here to return the favor?.I am attempting to to find things to enhance my web site!I suppose its good enough to make use of a few of your concepts!!

15. Fantastic goods from you, man. I’ve take into account your stuff prior to and you are simply too fantastic. I really like what you’ve acquired here, certainly like what you’re saying and the way wherein you are saying it. You’re making it enjoyable and you still take care of to stay it smart. I can’t wait to read much more from you. This is really a wonderful website.